- Chapter 20 -

I just wanted to thank everybody for the support on my story!
Please leave some comments and votes and show the love - anything you would like to see as I want this to be enjoyable for you!

Tiffany's POV

Once River was settled down I untangled her hair, it was in fact not bob length but a little past her shoulders, she snuggled into the large bed against her tiny frame and drifted off to sleep in the possibly most comfortable place she's been.

Me, Lexi and Katie waited downstairs for his arrival, a very long wait. Katie drifted off asleep eventually as me and Lexi sat in a comfortable silence taking turns to make coffee.

Thats when I saw headlights pull up outside, I immediately got excited until Lexi stopped me. "Stop! That might not be Brad!" She whisper shouted, then it dawned in on me that maybe they were after everything linked to him, meaning us. And now that peacefully sleeping girl upstairs could be in trouble.

The car door slammed and I heard shuffling and grunting, Lexi pulled out a gun that I never knew was there and placed her back against the wall, she signalled for me to open the door to which I tried to be brave about. In reality I was so scared.

I am going to get some cookie dough ice cream after this, and me and Brad who is about to have a gun pointed at him will eat it because I am certain it is him. I try to convice myself of anyways.

3

2

1

I opened the door swiftly and Lexi immediately pointed the gun at the mystery people, like a dickead I poked my head around to see a cut Brad and a bleeding on the floor man clinging to him. Lexi moved out the way and woke up Katie, I was too stunned to move as Brad dragged him inside, placing him onto the sofa earning a loud groan.

His phone was at his ear as he was panickingly asking for someone to come to the house, a doctor maybe? I needed nothing more to jump into his arms, to apologise, to kiss him but instead I stood their frozen with tears in my eyes. I couldn't make this about me. I knew right now he needed to not have a bleeding guy on his sofa.

So with all my training from watching Chicago Med and Greys Anatomy I immediately took a kitchen towel and ran over to the man.

"Lexi get me some scissors." I asked and she ran immediately, I braced myself and it was just common sense right? Apply pressure to the wound but first I decided to use my Netflix training. "Okay guy, I don't know who you are but this is going to hurt." I smiled as sweetly as I could before quickly cutting off his white shirt, it was practically gone anyways and lifting him onto his side.

If this is a gunshot wound like it probably is, he has two holes of similar size meaning it went straight through. Lucky guy.

I gently placed him back down and applied pressure to help the bleeding, when the doctor cam into the room he ran over and took over.

"You are an amazing girl thank you!" He spoke quickly before attending to the man, I ran over to the sink and began washing the blood off my hands. Thats when I realised. Does he want me? Does he hate me? Is he too stressed right now? I carried on rubbing even when there was no more blood to clean.

I turned off the sink and turned to face him, I looked up and he was already looking at me. I felt the tears well up in my eyes again and I was so scared the dam was going to break - until he opened his arms with tears in his own eyes.

I ran over, and if this was a movie it would be a slo-mo moment,  jumping into his arms straddeling his waist, his arms kept me close to him, grasping onto me as if I would disintergrate there and then. One of his hands were tangled in my hair holding my head into the crook of his neck, "You scared me so much." I whispered faintly, he breathed deeply before hugging me evem tighter if possible.