27.

The school bell rang. Zoey breathed a sigh of relief. Her second day of school was over. Zoey quickly put her books in her bag and stood up. Zoey walked leisurely through the school. Sam would soon come and then they could cycle home together.

Zoey walked to her locker and took out her English book. "Hey." Sam walked up to Zoey. 'Hey. How was your day?' asked Zoey. The girl closed her locker again. 'It was really magnificent. Besides, I'm not going home. The boys are going to play football behind this and they asked me to come and watch.' said Sam. 'Oh.' replied Zoey. "You can come if you want." Sam said quickly when she saw Zoey's disappointed face.

'No that is not necessary. I'll go alone.' said Zoey. "Would you mind telling Josh and Ginny? I'll make sure I'm home before dinner.' said Sam. 'Okay.' Zoey nodded. Sam said goodbye to her sister and she left for the schoolyard. Zoey looked after her sister with a sigh. It all seemed so easy to Sam. Like she never had a problem with anything.

Zoey sighed and walked out of the school. 'Yes, that's her.' Zoey looked up and saw a reporter with a camera crew approaching her. Panicked, Zoey looked around her. What was this? The other students just kept walking.

"Is the camera on?" The interviewer looked questioningly at the cameraman. "Yes, it's on!" The cameraman nodded. Before Zoey could say anything, she had a microphone pressed into her hands.

'Is it true? Are you the foster daughter of Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin?' The interviewer gave Zoey a questioning look. Zoey nodded shyly. "And how did you end up with them?" the woman asked. Zoey looked around her for help. She didn't like that camera. "Are they kind to you?" The Mrs. looked at Zoey questioningly. Zoey stepped back and quickly the cameraman and interviewer stepped forward. "Are you having a good time with Josh and Ginnifer?"

Suddenly Zoey panicked. She had to get out of here. Zoey threw the mic to the floor and she ran. Surprised, the interviewer and the cameraman looked after the girl. Zoey hurried to the bike shed as fast as she could and unlocked her bike.

After unlocking her bike, Zoey jumped on the bike and rode away as quickly as she could. She looked back again and saw the cameraman and the reporter watching her. Zoey quickly focused on the road and pedaled hard.

After twenty minutes of cycling, Zoey arrived at the Dallas home. She put her bike in the shed and then Zoey walked into the house. She quickly took off her shoes and coat and then threw her bag on the floor. Zoey gasped. She had cycled so hard.

"Zoey?" Josh came up the hall. Zoey looked up. "Are you all right?" Josh walked over to the girl. Zoey didn't answer. She felt like she was going to pass out. She felt bad. 'Like this?' Concerned, Josh supported her and they walked into the living room. Josh let Zoey sit on the couch and he grabbed some water.

"Where's Sam?" asked Josh. 'Still playing football with some boys.' Zoey replied softly. "Guys." Josh jumped up right away. "Just not classmates anymore." muttered Zoey. "Zoey, what happened at school?" asked Josh. Zoey was shaking all over.

"A camera crew came up to me and they started interviewing me." told Zoey. 'A camera crew? At school?' Josh looked startled at the girl. 'What did you say?' asked Josh. "I don't remember..." Zoey replied softly. Josh picked up the iPad from the table and typed in something. 'Oh dear. How many results.' Josh clicked a clip and Zoey's face came into view. "Shit." muttered Josh. 'What is it?' asked Zoey. "There's all this gossip online. Did you tell anyone about us?' asked Josh. Zoey immediately shook her head. 'Hmm, well, something like this spreads like wildfire through the city. You did well! Zo!' Josh pulled Zoey to him and the girl sobbed.

"Did you have a nice day at school?" asked Josh. "No.." Zoey sobbed. 'It will all get better. Give it some time.' Comforted Josh. 'I do not know. I'm just so scared.' said Zoey. "For what?" asked Josh. Zoey shrugged. 'The future.'