20.

"I think she's at our mother's house." said Zoey. "And where is that?" asked Josh. Zoey told Josh and Ginnifer the address. 'Let's go. Come on Zoey.' Josh stood up. "Do I have to come?" Startled, Zoey looked at Josh. Josh nodded. "I won't find that address anywhere without you. I need you.'

Zoey bit her lip. 'I'm not going.' She said directly. 'Why not?' He looked at Zoey questioningly. 'Just no.' With watery eyes, Zoey looked at Josh and Ginnifer. "Honey, you can always tell us anything. It's that Oliver called but otherwise you'd still be here alone on the floor in the living room.' said Ginnifer.

"Oliver?" She looked at the couple in surprise. Josh nodded. "Oliver called from the house phone that you were sad." Zoey's mouth dropped open. 'I had put him back in bed again. Sorry. That really wasn't my intention.' Zoey immediately began to apologize. "Zoey, it doesn't matter. We're glad Oliver called but next time you should call us right away if there's anything wrong. We were shocked when we saw you lying on the floor. We want to help you and Sam so badly, but then you have to help us too. Please come with Josh." Ginnifer looked at her pleadingly.

Zoey hesitated for a moment but then she nodded. 'Okay. Then let's go.' she said to Josh. Josh nodded. He quickly kissed Ginnifer and followed Zoey to the car. Josh unlocked the car and he and Zoey got in. He quickly put on his seat belt. 'Is everything alright?' asked Josh. Zoey nodded. 'Good. Let's go!'

*

After a very long drive, Josh and Zoey arrived at the home of Sam and Zoey's birth mother. Josh parked the car just down the street. It was already 2:30 am and Zoey was exhausted from the long day. She wanted to crawl into her bed now and never get out, but she couldn't.

'Are you ready for it?' asked Josh. "Do I really have to go in?" asked Zoey. "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to leave you alone in the car now. It's two-thirty in the morning.' Josh replied. Zoey nodded slowly. 'Come with me.' Josh opened the car door.

"Josh, wait." Zoey started to cry. 'What is?' Startled, Josh closed the car door again. "I... I don't want to come." Zoey began to sob. "Hey, I know it's not nice, but we'll be gone in a minute." Josh promised the girl. 'You do not understand. Nobody understands.' Sobbed Zoey. "Zoey, what is it?" Tell me.' Josh wasn't quite sure what to do. Zoey was so sad and upset.

"I...I...no one knows." Zoey stammered, crying. "Zoey, look at me." Commanded Josh. Zoey looked at the man. 'Whatever it is. You can always leave it with me. We really have to go in and get Sam now. It's getting late.' said Josh. Zoey took a deep breath and then nodded. "Let's go then." Josh opened the car door again and got out of the car. Zoey followed suit and they walked the dark streets of America.

'What house number is it?' asked Josh. "Number thirty-three." replied Zoey. Josh and Zoey walked down the street and it was Josh who discovered the house. 'We are here.' He said. Nervously, Zoey looked at the house. It was a house where she had been through so much. So many painful memories. She didn't understand that Sam wanted to be here again. Apparently Sam had experienced her childhood here differently than she did.

Josh rang the bell. Immediately Zoey took a step back. 'It'll be fine.' Josh took Zoey's hand and he squeezed it. There was no response. "Maybe they're sleeping. Let's go.' said Zoey. She wanted to run away but Josh pulled her back. "We'll ring the bell again." Josh pressed the bell again and he held it down this time. "I'm sure they won't appreciate that." Whispered Zoey. "Then they're out of luck." Josh replied. Zoey chuckled. After four minutes, Josh let go of the bell and the door was yanked open.