Chapter 14

I put on my outfit and did my make-up. I sighed and lut my hair roll down my back in curls with a flick of my wand. I put my wand on the table and left for the Great Hall.

Everyone was staring at me as I came to stand with Harry in the Great Hall. We took our positions. "You look stunning, Erika." Harry complemented. I gave him a small smile and the music begain. We waltzed with the other champians but everyone's eyes were on Harry and I. A flash of a camera went off and Harry lifted me and set me back down. When the song ended people clapped. Harry and I parted as another song started to play. I walked over to the punch table and got myself a small glass. "Lovely dancing, Ms Fowlis." Came Albus' gentle voice. I nodded and finished my glass. I threw it out. "Well someone has to make sure Harry didn't mess up." I joked but kept my blank expression. He  chuckled and got a glint in his eyes. He clapped his hands and the music stopped as people turned to him. "Professors pick a student and dance." He said. I felt my chest grow extremely tight. I backed up and hit something solid. I turned and saw the eyes that haunted my dreams. I looked away and swallowed the lump forming in my throat. "Ms Fowlis, would you care to dance?" He asked boredly. I nodded and followed him to the dance floor. He put a hand on my him and took my right hand. I put a hand on his right upper arm as we waltzed. I looked anywhere but at his face. Suddenly the song Whe You Say Nothing At All started to play. My chest grew even tighter. We started to dance slower and I mentally cursed Albus for putting my heart in even more pain. I felt Snape subtilly rub the back of my hand with his thumb. I mentally slapped myself as I noticed I wasn't breathing. I let out a shaky breath slowly. I listened to the words and shortly found myself humming softly. I dared to look up and met the eyes of Snape. I stopped and let him go as I walked off before the song ended. I couldn't, I just couldn't look at him with out feeling that over whelming pain in my chest. Minerva was gaurding the door and looked surprised to see me. "Ms Fowlis, are you alright?" She asked. "Tell Harry that I'm sorry but I'm going to bed." I rushed as I quickly walked past her. She called after me but I picked up the bottom of my dress and ran off down the hall.

I stood in an abandoned corridor looking out the window. "You look breath taking tonight." Came a voice that made my heart ach. I turned and saw Snape standing there, the moon making it look like his skin was glowing. I felt my bottom lip tremble. "W-what are you doing here, Professor?" I asked softly as my gaze lowered to the floor. "I came here to tell you to forget about me." He said quietly. "Then go." I said composing my self to look emotionless. I heard him walk closer. I felt his fingers curl under my chin and tilt my head up toward him. I noticed he was extremely close. I was on the verge of breaking. "This will be the last time I will allow myself to feel something for you... Erika." He breathed. He leaned in slowly and kissed my lips gently and sweetly. He wrapped an arm around my waist as I cupped his face. I opened my mouth when I felt him run his tongue over my bottom lip. He caressed my tongue with his as our kiss grew slow and sensual. He took his tongue out of my mouth and kissed my lips one last time before turning and walking away. My lips trembled as a sob swept through me. I fell to my knees as I started to cry, already missing his scent and warmth.

I spent Christmas in my bed, ignoring Alex and the trio opening presants in the livingroom. I held a pillow close, remembering Severus' touch. I felt so empty and had little reason to even live anymore.

A month later, the second task was upon us. I paced back and forth waiting for Harry. He was the last Champion still in the water even though Ron and a little girl surfaced. I took off my robe and heels and thrusted them to Hermione. "Erika, you can't!" She shouted. "Watch me!" I shouted back. I ran to the end of the dock and dove in dispite Albus shouting at me. I turned and swam deeper where I saw Harry being attacked by a Marlows. "Get away from him!" I hissed but my voice sounded like nails on a chalk board. They screamed and swam away. Harry was barely moving and the effects of gillyweed were wearing off. I gave Harry air and swam him to the surface but just as I was about to surface with him, I was dragged down. I screamed and tried moving my tail but I couldn't. I felt something perce my side. I pulled free of the merfolk and swam to the top. Harry was barly moving. I swam him to the dock and people helped him out. I pulled my self up onto the deck. Hermione covered me in a robe as my legs came back. I laid against the desk as I tried slowing my ragged breath. I noticed Poppy shaking Harry but he wasn't moving. I dragged myself over to him and started crying. My tears hit his wounds and healed them as a couple of tears fell in his mouth. He gasped and coughed up water. I laid down and put my head against the deck. He sat up and looked at me. "Erika?!" He shouted and started to shake me. Why was he shaking me? Why couldn't I move?! I was rolled over onto my back were Poppy examined my side. "Poison." She said. "Probibly from a merfolks trident." Albus Added. Albus was pulled away by one of the judges. Harry shook me. "Why isn't she moving?!" He demanded. "I don't know..." the nurse admitted. I was scooped up by Egor and carried to a boat with Poppy by our side.

I was laid in a hospital bed when Hermione ran in with a vile. She shoved past Egor and poured it on my wound. I felt it close up and I gasped as my movement came back. I sat up and cried out as my side was still soar. Poppy fed me a potion and I felt better. She flicked her wand at me and I was dressed again. I left the hospital wing shortly after and sat in my room.

Severus never asked about me or even looked worried. Alex seemed to get a bit sketchy as the last task drew closer. He always wanted to stay with me or follow me around. Mad-eye seemed to get more excited to. Something seemed very off. I carried my wand at all times and I got a bad feeling.

I was late to the maze and was now running toward the event. I was suddenly tackled to the ground. I screamed as I felt the familiar feeling of disapperation.

I landed hard on the ground as I flipped over and dug my wand into my kidnapper's gut. I narrowed my eyes as I saw Alex. I blasted him off of me and scrambled to my feet. I looked around and saw I was standing in a graveyard. I saw Harry being held by a statue. "Harry!" I shouted and ran toward him but was hit by a spell causing me to drop my wand as ropes brought me to my kness and wrap around me as I struggled. Peter walked up to me smirking. "I need a tear." He said. I spat at him. He wiped it off of his cheek. "You can do what you want to me but I won't give you a tear." I hissed. He walked over to Harry and raised a knife to Harry's throat. I started to struggle violently. "Leave him alone!" I screamed. "A tear then!" He shouted menacingly. I gave him a look of defeat as a tear slipped down my face. He walked over and caught it on his blade. He walked over to a boiling cauldron. "Finally... the last ingrediant!" He shouted and tossed in a bundle and then my tear. I turned my face away as the cauldron caught fire and molted into a bald man with no nose and snake eyes. I then noticed Cedric on the ground staring at the sky lifelessly. I struggled more and looked down at my bounds. I put so much hate into it that they burned off. My wand appeared in my hand. I fired a spell at him but the man blocked it. He turned towards me and I felt slightly intimidated. "Ah Ms Fowlis, a pleasure to see you again." He hissed. I started to whistle causing him to clutch his ears. I flicked my wand at Harry and he was free from the statue. Peter pointed his wand to his dark mark and summoned others. Harry grabbed his wand. I stopped whistling. "Go, Harry!" I shouted as I casted spell after spell at them but I was hit in the chest as Harry was paralized. I landed on my back and scrambled to my feet only to be grabbed by the back of my hair by Alex. "I'll murder you Alex then decorate the ground with your entrails!" I screamed as he knocked my wand out of hand. The man walked up to me and grabbed my face. "Such a bad girl." He tisked. "You will be broken in, I think." He said with a cruel smirk. I realized who this man was... Voldemort. He let me and Alex held me tighter. Voldemort went around and ripped the masks off his followers. I didn't see Severus or Egor. He ripped off the last mask and I saw Lucius. I struggled against Alex but it didn't seem to work. I took a calming breath and my knees buckled. Alex caught me around my waist. I turned in his arms and looked up at him. "Alex..." I purred. His face softened. I stood on my own and brought my head back and then forward, colliding with his face. He fell backwards and hit the ground, he was knocked out. My wand appeared in my wand and I noticed Harry dualing Voldemort. I ran over to Cedric's body as I whistled at Voldemort. He dropped to his knees clutching his ears, giving Harry a chance to run to me and summon the cup just as a spell hit my gut.

We landed in the entrance arena and I was on my back as I convulsed and bled. Poppy ran over and started to heal me. I sat bolt up and ran for the castle as Albus chased after me.

I kicked open the door and shot a spell at Mad-eye. He hit the wall and slid into a chair. He hit me with a spell and I flew backwards into the hall and on my back. I groaned and got to my feet. Severus moved toward me but stopped himself. I have him a look of hurt and moved towards the room but fell to my knees. I lifted up my shirt as a deep purple bruise spread just under my ribbs. Severus rushed forward and made me drink a potion but it wasn't working. I was starting to choke. He gripped my face as he started to panic. He poured a couple of potions down my throat. I looked up at him as my eyes sparkled. I felt much better just being in his arms. "Voldemorts back." I told him. He swooped down and claimed my lips to which I so eagery kissed back. I pasted out in his arms.