Chapter 19

Squish up Luce!’ Frankie boasted with confidence as she sat further back onto the bed.

Reluctantly I did so and she lay on her back with her hands tucked behind her head. ‘It’s hard isn’t it?’

‘What you on about?’

‘To come from over there to being here...’

‘Not really.’ I sarcastically spoke.

‘Come on, you don’t have to lie Lucy. But I can tell you something now. Me and Mollie are going to be the parents you never had. Our job is to look after you whether you think you’re old enough to take over the world alone or not. That’s what mum’s do. They stick their big noses in to their daughter’s business and make sure she’s okay.’ Frankie spoke sternly but quietly.

‘I know. I get it. I’m just – Ugh, it doesn’t matter Frankie. I was stupid. I’ll go and say sorry to Mollie soon.’

‘Lucy, talk to me honey? I want to be able to help.’

‘Scar knows how to handle herself well. I wanted to break up with her for ages now and be with Vanessa but I was scared that Scarlet would do something sly and vicious to hurt me or Vanessa or even the pair of us. So when Mollie said all that she did, I freaked out so much and got scared.’ I breathed out slowly and heavily ensuring that I would not cry again today.

‘She would never ever come between you two and she definitely wouldn’t be coming anywhere near you. I can promise you that Lucy.’ The Essex woman placed her gentle hand on my shoulder. ‘Nothing is going to happen to you.’

‘Thank you Frankie. I appreciate it. I really do. And I guess I’m sorry for kicking off and shouting at the pair of you. I do have manners really. I swear I do.’

‘I know Lucy.’ I could hear Frankie talk through a large smile. ‘Turn around for me honey.’ This time her voice was a lot more serious. ‘I need to really speak to you about something.’

‘What have I done now?’ I gulped loudly.

‘Nothing bad Lucy, Please come on. Turn over.’

I did as I was told slowly as I was running things through in my head, wondering what she wanted to speak to me about.

It fell silent for a few seconds before the pretty brunette started to speak. ‘What were you going to call me earlier Lucy?’

I was laid flat on my back in huge confusion. After all that had happened between Scar and Vanessa and my two new parents, I had totally forgot about the awkward moment in the clothes shop.

‘I-I don’t know wh-what you’re on about.’ I stuttered tremendously.

‘We were in the clothes shop and you were talking to me and you were going to call me something beginning with M’

My face started to redden as I suddenly remembered what Frankie was on about.

‘I know you remember now Lucy, it’s okay. Just say it.’ She whispered.

I buried my face in my hands before I muttered ‘Okay, okay. I was about to call you mum. I don’t know where it had come from or why I had the urge to say it, it just kind of slipped out and I’m sorry that-‘

‘Hush Lucy. Calm yourself down and stop speaking. It’s okay. It made me happy. There’s a reason to why we adopted.’

‘What’s the reason?’

‘I can’t have children myself. Mollie and I were going to find a sperm donor until the doctor basically told me that there wasn’t much point in even wasting my time because my womb is permanently damaged and I wouldn’t be able to carry a baby for nine months healthily.’

My mouth fell open. ‘Well what about Mollie? Why couldn’t she carry a baby?’

Frankie gave out a little adored giggle before she spoke ‘Mollie’s a little too scared right now to go through it. She doesn’t think she would be able to deal with the pain of giving birth.’

‘And are you okay with that?’ I raised a brow.

‘Look at you getting all concerned for your mum.’ The brunette winked. ‘Yes of course I am. A relationship is a two way thing Lucy. And we have to take each others feelings into consideration. That’s what I didn’t like about Scarlet you know? She never understood how you felt.’

‘But why a teenager? Why me?’ I questioned again.

‘Because I know how hard it is growing up and feeling like you’re on you’re own. Look at me, I was famous growing up. I was in a S Club Juniors but I still felt alone. I was battling depression and anxiety and I wanted to help other troubled teens. I saw you and knew that I really wanted to help you Lucy. Me and Mollie both do. Give us a chance?’

Frankie’s emotional story brought tears to my eyes and pretty soon, they flowed down my cheeks. ‘Ugh I promised myself I wouldn’t cry again today.’

‘What are you crying for silly?’ Frankie let out a small giggle.

‘Because I’m laid here moaning about being torn apart by two girls and you’ve been through a lot more and I just feel completely stupid!’

‘We both know that this isn’t all you’re going through Lucy. Now wipe those tears because I’m happy now! I’ve got you and us three are a perfect little family.’

‘Oh shut up you cheese ball.’ I laughed through my tears.

‘Alright alright, I’ll try to! Now you stop being silly and get ready for tonight okay? Make sure you’re looking you’re absolute best because I know that Vanessa is falling for you.’ Frankie winked before getting up and heading for the door.

‘You seriously know how to embarrass me!’ I muttered as she opened the door and stepped out.

‘It’s what mothers do.’ She gave a proud grin before closing the door behind her.

After she left, I felt a lot more relieved. That was until I received a message from Scar saying ‘You’re blonde bimbo of a so-called mother is a bitch. It’s over!’

Suddenly, my love for this red headed hottie had turned into hate and I couldn’t stop myself from replying! ‘Don’t speak about Mollie like that! She cares for me and she did the right thing! I don’t want to be with you anyway. You’re the most insulting human being I have ever laid eyes on! Now leave me alone!’