Chapter 26

Vanessa, Scarlet is a bitch. I really don't want anything to do with her. Mollie is informing the police. None of what Scarlet said was true. I want you and only you. I'm sorry that I'm too much trouble for you, I guess I warned you to stay away from me. But now I've had a taste of what it would be like to be yours, I want you to come back to me. I hope you can forgive me, I'm so sorry. xx

I sent the message to Vanessa before passing out in bed.

I was awoken after what seemed to be like ten minutes by a soft broken whisper. I didn't hear what was said to me but as I opened my eyes, I saw that a very sad Vanessa was sharing my bed again with bloodshot eyes and a sniffly nose. 

I couldn't bare to see the sadness in her eyes and with that, I cuddled her up in my arms, the tightest i possibly could. 

'I'm so sorry.' I cooed as I rocked the beauty in my arms gently. 

I could hear her heart wrenching sobs again 'I know you text me telling me Lucy but I need to hear it. Is what she said true?'

'No Ness, I swear. I finished with her yesterday, before I even met up with you at the meal. I knew it would be wrong seeing you again knowing that I had a girlfriend that I didn't want to be with. I know that this might sound crazy to you but I've looked up to you for as long as I can remember. I feel like I have known you a lot longer than you have known me. I love you Vanessa White. I want nobody but you.'

The dark haired beauty lifted her hand to plant soft salty kisses on my lips. 'I obviously can't tell you I love you just yet but I can tell you that you're my biggest crush, if that will do?'

'Of course it will do. I just don't want to hurt you again.' 

'I'm sure you will find a way to cheer me up.' Vanessa winked before giving out a flirtatious giggle.

'How do you suppose I do that?' 

'If you're so in love with me then prove it.' She almost growled into my ear as she pulled my top until I was right above her. 'Make love to me Lucy.' 

My heart thudded and my face heated up but I sure as hell did as I was told. I stroked my hands down each side of Vanessa's body, leaving goosebumps on her skin. I slowly kissed her lips before leaving them to kiss passionately down her collarbone. Lifting her top off slowly, the beauty had to bite down on her bottom lip to stop her moans from escaping her mouth. Her nipples were now hard for me and poking out of her black lacy bra.

'Finally, I get what I want.' She muttered breathlessly in my ear as she dragged her acrylics down my back. Without undoing her bra, I lifted her perfectly round boobs out and started sucking on her left nipple before rubbing her right one in between my finger and thumb. Her moans were getting louder, I was enjoying myself so much, I didn't want to stop her, even though I knew that my new adopted parents and their friends were just down the stairs.

Then came a knock at the door. 

'Every time.' I groaned under my breath as I rolled off Vanessa, leaving her flustered trying to find her top.

'Honey, it's Frankie. The police are here and would like a word with you.'

'Can't it wait until morning? Seriously?'

'No, it's a serious matter Lucy.' 

'What about another hour at least?'

'Lucy. I am giving you five minutes to come down to speak to the police and if you don't come down then I will march them up to you.' Frankie then left me feeling angry and frustrated.

'Don't worry about it babe. We will get plenty more chances.'

I hummed bluntly.

'If you cheer up, you can have a sleepover at mine tomorrow and we can go all night.' Vanessa jumped up to cuddle me and bit my lip seductively, running her fingers through my hair.

**

I just want to go to sleep.' I whined as I kicked back on the sofa. I was faced with two serious looking parents and two officers that were trying to negotiate with me. 

'I know you do Lucy, but I have received a phone call saying that Scarlet hasn't returned home yet. After your break up and knowing that she was very fond of you, we need to find her and take her back home where she is safe.' The older officer of the two explained calmly. 

'So, yet again, it's all about her is it? She's the one that caused all this trouble yet she's the one that gets treated as the victim?' I started to boot off.

The younger cop responded. 'Look Lucy, when Scarlet is safe we can file an harassment order against her and we can also then fine her against confidentiality laws but we need to know where she is Lucy? please, if you have any clue, we would be grateful.'

All four adults were almost begging me with their eyes to tell the police some information but I remained quiet.

Before the two officers could speak again, Mollie bent down in front of me and squeezed my leg gently. 'You won't get held responsible for any of this Lucy, I promise. I know you particularly don't like her, none of us like her for what she put you through. But you must have felt something for her at one point, like the other day for instance. I know she has a weird way of showing it Luce but she loves you and if she does something silly , I'm sure you 'll regret it for the rest of your life and we don't want that.' 

Undeniably, Mollie was right. I didn't want anything to do with her but nevertheless I didn't want her to harm herself. At the end of the day, I wasn't worth it.

'Try the Titan Bridge. That's all you're getting.' I started to sob as I left the room.

The younger officer nodded to Mollie as the older officer radio'd in to another officer that must have been patrolling the streets.

As I headed up the stairs, my eyes stinging with the amount of tears flowing, I heard a broken call. 'Hold on, Luce. Wait. Please.' As I turned around, I saw that Frankie was also uncontrollably crying.