Chapter 7

What was hiding behind my new bedroom door was the biggest shock of my life. The room was very spacious, the walls were a pure white and the carpet was a grey metal colour. There was a king-size bed against one wall and against the other side was a modern glass desk and a classic black leather padded office chair. On top of the glass desk were two objects that I had never been fortunate to ever use once. 

'There's some gifts over there for you honey. Just welcome gifts.'  Mollie smiled lightly. 'Why don't you go have a look?' 

When I got closer there was a state of the art laptop with a red ribbon on it, next to it was also the newest most expensive printer on the market with a red ribbon around it. 

'Me and Frankie didn't know what to get but we know that all teenagers like a laptop and I thought maybe you could use the printer to print out your work for school.' 

'Oh my god. Thanks Mollie! I don't even know how to-'

'Don't' Mollie smiled once more hugging me tight. You have an ensuite bathroom through that door there and over there is your walk-in wardrobe. I know you haven't got much yet but me and Franks are going to take you shopping for your bedroom tomorrow so you can relax properly.' 

I didn't know what to do or how to feel. 'No one has ever done this for me Mollie. You two are the best parents anyone could ever ask for already. I really did hate it in that place.'

Mollie guided me down to the end of my new bed and smiled gently squeezing my knee. 'I know Lucy. But things are going to be much better for you now and you're going to be part of a super cool family.' She winked. 'Let's focus on today and every day after, yeah?' 

I nodded trying to hold my tears back. Mollie was right. All my problems were solved just by two generous ladies helping me. 'Again, thanks Mollie.' 

'It's not a problem, honest. But can I ask, why are you buzzing about Vanessa coming round?'

'Eh no reason.' I lied through my gritted teeth.

Mollie giggled 'Well at least I can tell when you're lying. Have you got a little crush on her?' 

My face reddened. 'No!' 

'Aw! Should I tell her?' 

My blank expression caused Mollie to laugh so much, she nearly fell onto the carpet. 'You should know I wouldn't. But you do have to keep a secret?' 

I looked at Mollie with a state of confusion. 

'She's bisexual.' The blonde whispered in my ear.

'What?! You can't tell me that? I have a girlfriend?!' 

This made Mollie laugh harder. 'Oh Luce! She's split up with her boyfriend because he cheated on her.' 

'Who would be daft enough to do that?!' I gasped.

'Obviously him... but now she is looking for a girlfriend after she has seen how me and Frankie are.' 

My smile widened with every word the pretty blonde was saying until she hit me with a bombshell. 

'You can't date her though Lucy, I'm sorry.'

'What! Why?' 

'Because... It's hard to explain.' Mollie sighed. 'It could create tension in the group.'

'Well surely you and Frankie could create tension in the band if you argued or anything?' I snapped.

'Not exactly Luce.' Mollie tried explaining as calm as possible. 'We've been in this business for so long, we know how to always act in a professional manner.' 

'Then so should Vanessa!' I snapped again as I jumped onto the bed and turned to face the wall. 

'Aw Luce?' 

'Go away.' 

'Please just-?'

'No. Please just leave?' 

With that, I heard her sneak to the door and gently close it behind her. What the hell have I done? These women put their trust in me to behave and I couldn't even go one day without stressing at them. But I was pretty much heartbroken. The girl I fantasized being with for so long, I couldn't even have her. Then I thought about Scar and felt guilty. Nevertheless, I didn't check my phone. I just huddled tight on the bed and tried to forget what just happened.

The bed was so comfortable, I felt my body sink into the soft mattress. I was awoken by a knock and the door opening slightly. I saw a brunette figure standing in the gap of the door.  

'I thought I'd just check you hadn't got lost Luce, I didn't think you would be sleeping.' Frankie smiled. 'Can I come in?' 

I nodded as I sat up trying to hide the tear stains on my hoodie. 'Aww what you been crying for?' 

'I'm sure Mollie told you.' I whispered.

'Vaguely but I want you to tell me how you're feeling. That's more important. Knowing how you feel.' Frankie sighed as she walked over to me and started rubbing my back. 

'I just feel bad. I never meant to talk to Mollie like that.' I sighed, trying to fight back the tears.

'She did get a little upset but she knows you never meant it.' 

'And... Vanessa. It sounds stupid because I don't know her personally, but what I do know about her, I've fallen in love with and I understand that I couldn't get in the way of your career but it hurts already and I haven't even met her yet.' By this time, I was crying again. I could feel the tears burning down my red hot cheeks. What the hell was I doing? I don't cry in front of anyone!

'What about Scar?' Frankie almost whispered.

'Yeah I like her but... I don't know.' 

'Well I'll give you a bit of advice honey. No one knows what the future holds.' The brunette sweeped me up in her arms to hold me tight. 'If Scar's the one, then when you see Vanessa, you won't feel funny little sparks. And well, if you do then Scar isn't right for you.' 

'And then what do I do if Vanessa's the one?' I muffled sarcastically.

Frankie pushed me away to arms length and started to rub her hands up and down the tops of my arms in an exaggerated manner. 'Then Mollie can't tell you what to do. I can't tell you what to do. You're at that age where you have a mind of your own Lucy. If Vanessa likes you and you like Vanessa, then whatever happens, happens. But don't be tempted to keep the both. I can't see my Vanessa unhappy okay?' 

'Okay.' I sighed, wiping my salty tears with the cuff of my hoodie.

'Now get ready, the girls are coming in around five minutes.' The brunette checked her watch before standing up and smiling, then heading to the door. 

'Frankie?' I shouted back to the Essex girl. 

Frankie turned around. 'I'll say sorry to Mollie.'

'I have no doubt that you will' She smiled. 

'By the way, you look great.'

'Aw thank you Lucy. Don't be too long.'