Chapter 13

A couple of hours had passed since my little argument happened with Mollie and Frankie and to be honest, I felt shit. It was obviously me that was just doing everything wrong because all I had been doing since I’ve arrived is be argumentative towards the two girls who were giving me everything.

After a few moments of hesitation, I pulled myself away from my thoughts and wandered down the glass stairs. As I got to the bottom, I felt a pair of hands grab me by my tee playfully and drag me into the nearest bathroom.

‘You’re a naughty girl.’ I heard a whisper followed by a giggle.

When I had adjusted my eyes to the new environment, I saw that it was the beauty of Vanessa White stood millimetres away from me.

I sighed heavily before gently pushing her arms away from me. ‘What were you doing in my bed Vanessa?’

‘I was cold and lonely. It’s been so long since I shared a bed with someone. I couldn’t help myself.’ Her face looked sincerely sad. ‘I’m sorry I got you in trouble Lucy...’

‘Why didn’t you wake me up?’

‘Because you looked peaceful and I just wanted to spoon you. Again, I’m really sorry.’

I couldn’t take her apologetic look much longer. I stroked my thumb down one of her cheeks before wrapping my other arm around her waist. Pulling her close till our noses were touching, I whispered. ‘It’s okay but we need to be more careful next time if this is still what you want?’

‘Of course it’s what I want.’

And before either I or she said another word, I let my lips crash into hers, almost like autopilot. Vanessa White was a complete cutie and all I wanted to do was snuggle her up and treat her like a princess constantly. Her lips followed my lead as I pushed her into the door and I heard a little sigh. After only a few more seconds, I knew the little brunette was getting worked up for me.

‘I don’t want to do this yet.’ I heard an alerted whisper. ‘I can’t. Not here. I don’t want to rush it. I want to know that you’re the one and when I do, I want it to be special. Somewhere we know it’s just me and you, where we’re not going to be disturbed.’

I saw that Vanessa looked scared at the thought of telling me how she felt but I understood and I didn’t want to force into something she really wasn’t ready for. I looked closer for a second and I could see little tears of fear brimming at her eyelids.

I grabbed her into my arms as tight as I possibly could. ‘Hey, it’s alright. I understand Vanessa.’

I could feel my tee starting to get wet as she clung onto me even tighter than I was hanging onto her. The butterflies inside me were destroying my gut. As much as I knew she was crying, I couldn’t get over how right it felt.

‘Oi... you nearly done in there Vanessa?’ We heard a strong squeaky voice and we knew full well that it was Rochelle.

‘Use another one, Franks and Molls have more than one bathroom.’ Vanessa shouted back.

My jaw dropped as I thought that we had been caught in the act once more. I picked up my jaw before I started to think of something to say. As I opened my mouth again, Vanessa knew I was about to use my voice. In frenzy, the small brunette didn’t know what to do, so she smacked her lips on mine in order to get me to stop in my tracks. It worked.

‘Fine but hurry up! We gotta go. Frankie told me she has to take Luce out shopping to get some new stuff for her room.’ Rochelle called back as her footsteps where becoming fainter.

‘That was close.’ I rolled my eyes.

‘It was only close cos you nearly dropped us in it!’ Vanessa tried to get angry but couldn’t as I wrapped my arms around her tiny but curvy waist from behind.

The brunette was smiling from ear to ear, I could vaguely see it but she was denying it. ‘We best get out of here before we get caught again. You go first and pretend you’ve just come down the stairs...’

‘Okay... but kiss me once more?’ I pouted.

After a reluctant last kiss from Vanessa, I tiptoed from the bathroom to the bottom of the stairs before I stood normally and stumbled towards the kitchen like I had just come from my room.

Sitting at the breakfast bar with my head down to the counter, I started twiddling my thumbs with nerves.

‘Hey Lucy, you alright?’ Frankie smiled at me as she was frying some sausages in a pan.

‘Mhmm.’ I nodded. Awkwardly changing the subject, I questioned. ‘What you cooking sausages for?’

‘For your breakfast silly.’

‘I didn’t think I deserved any...’

Frankie and Mollie both looked at each other in confusion before Mollie gently spoke. ‘Lucy, me and Frankie need a chat with you. Let’s go into the lounge?’

‘Save it. If you want to take me back because you finally believe that batty old woman then fine, just don’t break my heart. I’ll go pack now.’

‘What are you being daft for?’ Mollie spoke again this time, with a lump in her throat. ‘We don’t ever want to send you back.’

After Frankie had asked Una to finish cooking my breakfast politely, she put her arm around my shoulders and led me to the snuggly lounge.

Both Frankie and Mollie sat down on a huge black sofa and Mollie patted the space in between them. ‘Come on and sit down hun.’ The blonde smiled.

I took my place cautiously in between the two pretty ladies. I was scared. Maybe I had pushed my luck too far already. Maybe they wanted me not to go back to where I came from but to pass me onto someone else. Was that even legal? All I had to do was wait and listen to what they had to say. My mouth became dry instantly. I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed to god that my dream hadn’t come to an end already.