Chapter 10

I was sat alone in the near enough empty bedroom. I had all that I wanted but I felt upset. Was I really being horrible and leading Scar on? Or was she really just being selfish that I was finally happy and needed time to settle in? I didn’t know. All I knew was I was sat on the end of the bed with tears streaming down my hot cheeks, and at that moment, I just felt really unhappy.

*Knock Knock*

‘Who is it?’ I quickly wiped my tears away.

‘It-It’s Vanessa. I know I have no business coming but I was really worried about you. I-I can g-go if you want me to.’ I heard the brunette try to explain and stutter in the meantime.

I ran into my en-suite bathroom and splashed my face in cold water before sprinting and diving onto my bed at full speed. ‘Come in?’

The door opened slightly and the small brunette crept in. I watched every step she took as it made my heart race. Then when she got to the bed she sat downs so close to me that my speeding heart felt like it had completely grinded to a halt.

‘Are you sure you’re alright?’ She stroked my back lightly and looked sympathetically.

‘Yeah, it’s just this girl. I only got with her today and she’s taking it way too serious.’

‘Aw babe. How do you mean? Tell me about it.’

I sat there and wasted an hour babbling on about how long I’d been placed in the shithole of an adoption centre, about my bullying and Scarlet, and about how bizarre my day had been. Vanessa didn’t seem to care. She was interested in me, asking me all kinds of questions and it was something I was never really used to, until today.  

By the time I had finished rambling, me and Vanessa were both laid facing each other, laughing and chatting like we had known each other for a lifetime.

‘Well I’m not going to tell you why but I’m glad you’re here.’ She winked before asking. ‘Can I use your en-suite to get changed into my pyjamas? I feel really uncomfortable in my jeans now.’

I looked confused at the first thing she said and hesitated before answering her question. ‘Yeah... Sure. Don’t be too long.’

‘Thanks chick and why not?’

‘Cos I’ll miss you.’ I pouted childishly.

‘Awww. Okay.’ Vanessa giggled.

When Vanessa strolled out of the bathroom, I was shocked. I thought she was going to be wearing pyjama trousers and a cute top but instead she was wearing tight baseball shorts that just covered her bum and a long black T-Shirt. She was loosening her curls in her hands but her make-up was still perfectly placed on her face.

‘Wow.’ I whispered making sure she couldn’t hear me.

‘I bet you’re cold now.’ I spoke louder this time.

‘Yeah, I’m freezed!’

I pulled the cover back on the bed for her to climb in. ‘Get in then? I’m sure I promised you Little Mermaid.’

‘Why don’t you get changed first, then we can get comfy and chill in bed watching it?’

I did as I was told and changed into red and blue chequered bottoms and a white vest top. We were half way through the film and I had to say that I was thoroughly enjoying it. But it wasn’t exactly the film I was concentrating on. I slowly raised my arm up as if I was stretching and placed it around Vanessa’s shoulders cheekily which caused the little brunette to smile a little.

After a second or two, she gazed into my eyes and whispered. ‘You’re so cute.’

I couldn’t help myself. Whether it was a signal or not, I went for it. I pushed her down slowly and touched her lips with mine. She tasted better than what I ever imagined in my wildest dreams. She kissed back, whilst placing her hands on my hips. One of my hands was in her soft curls whilst my other was stroking the side of her face.

When I pulled away she looked dumbstruck. I didn’t know if that was a good thing or not.

‘What was that for?’ She whispered, trying not to smile.

‘Because for about three years, I’ve wanted to do that and thought it was the best moment to fulfil my dreams.’

‘What about your girlfriend? What about the age gap?’

I put my index finger on her lips to indicate her to be quiet before I stated... ‘I don’t think I have a girlfriend anymore. And I’m sixteen, I’m legal and who cares about the age gap? I’m not going to tell anyone.’

Sitting up and gently pushing me up off her, she smiled. ‘I think you best go get me that hot chocolate you promised.’

‘You’re going to have to come with me though, you know better than I do where my parents keep the stuff in that huge kitchen.’

Vanessa giggled slightly at the fact I had called Frankie and Mollie my new parents.

‘I have to get used to that.’ She commented.

‘You and me both.’ I laughed.

We were both in the kitchen and I had just put a cup in the Tassimo machine and pressed the ‘go’ button for the hot chocolate when I felt a pair of hands touch my waist from behind me.

‘I’m sorry I freaked.’ I heard an affectionate voice.

When I turned around I couldn’t even do or say anything as Vanessa’s lips had instantly crashed into mine. My tummy felt like a hand clenching into a fist. Butterflies felt like they were escaping and fireworks felt like they were going off in my heart. This is the feeling that Frankie was talking about.

When Vanessa had pulled away from the kiss, she pressed her index finger to my nose. ‘You can’t tell anyone about this though, not yet.’

‘Of course not but what is... this?’

‘I don’t know but I’m sure we will figure it out.’ The brunette smiled.