03

|| DIAGON ALLEY ||
CHAPTER 03

EVER WAY YOU LOOKED, all you saw were wizards and witches

The school term was about to start soon, so there was no way that Diagon Alley wasn't full.

An excited Nova and a rather bored Mattheo were walking side by side towards the stores, their arms hooked.
Behind them was Apollo who scowled whenever someone bumped in to him.

While the Lestrange girl was more than excited to leave for Hogwarts, Mattheo wasn't.
Going to Hogwarts had many disadvantages, the boy even pointed them out for Nova, when he explained that they should stay home.

Firstly there was a possibility that they would get in different houses, which would be a hell for the boy.

Secondly they will be stressed because of school and homework.
Being stressed and homework means that they won't be happy.

And lastly they couldn't have sleepovers, since they will get into separate corridors.
Which was the worst thing for him, since he would always go to Nova whenever he has a nightmare.
And all that lead to—

"I just think we should get homeschooled, Nov.", Mattheo grumbled, not liking to think what could happen in Hogwarts.

"Come on Theo, Hogwarts will be the best years of our lives and we will get to learn so many things.
We will also be running Hogwarts when we are older.", Nova explained and smiled at him mischievously at the end.

Both, Mattheo and her father, heard her and started smirking at the thought.

"Of course we will, Nov, but it still sucks.
We won't have any sleepovers anymore or I can't just run straight to your room.", he continued to complain, making the black haired girl groan in annoyance.

"Suck it up you baby, we will go to Hogwarts, show them what real magic is and then we leave the school being legends.", Nova explained and soon the Riddle boy didn't think that Hogwarts was such a bad idea.

As they continued walking, the children, unlike Apollo, didn't notice the many stares people gave them.
The Lestrange's were rarely seen in these kind of places and that shocked many people.
The boy next to them remained a mystery though.
No one would ever know that he is the son of the Dark Lord, especially since he took the name of his mother.
Deep inside he would always be a Riddle, but for outsiders, he was Mattheo Winchester.

Soon they arrived in front of a familiar building, also known as—Ollivander's, the place where the real magic begins.

They two entered the store together, leaving Apollo outside waiting.
The two casted curious glances over the room, taking in the shabby walls and messes in the shelves.
A loud crack took them back into reality, making them flinch while Mattheo took Nova's hand in his.

A man with grey curls was staring at them, mostly at Mattheo with a hard look.
Thinking the man recognized him, he slowly pulled Nova behind him.

"Nova Lestrange and Mattheo Winchester, I was awaiting you.", the man greeted them, a small smile taking over his face.

"Merry meet sir, I hope we didn't disturb you with anything.", Nova replied, returning to Mattheo's side, their hands still intertwined.

"No, no you didn't my dear, don't you worry.Let's begin with you Mister Winchester.", Mr.Ollivander went on and turned around looking into boxes.

"Let's see 13 inch, hawthorn wood and oh—Thestral tail-hair.", he stated, taking the wand out of the box, while giving it to the Riddle with a hesitant look.

Mattheo took it in his hands, insnatky feeling a connection with it, while he swished it.
The flowers on the desk in front of him, started blooming in a bright white color.
A small smile was seen on the boy's face as he examined his wand.

"Wonderful, wonderful, now let's see for Miss Lestrange.", Ollivander clapped his hands and turned his back to search between the shelves.
Often muttering a quiet no and continuing to search.

"Aha, here it is.", he announced, walking with a wand in his hand.

"Walnut wood, 9 inch, just like your aunt, but with two different cores.
Thestral tail-hair, but also Veela hair.
Quarter Veela am I right?", Mr.Ollivander questioned, smiling once he saw a nod from the girl.

"Yes sir.", Nova replied simply.

"Well then, try it out.", the wandmaker said to the girl, giving her the wand.

She concentrated herself on the flower and as soon as she swished her wand, the white color from the flowers were turned into a bright yellow.

Mattheo found himself grinning at this and turned his eyes towards the girl with a fond smile on his face.

"Perfect, wonderful, just as I assumed.", the man clapped his hands together and looked at the pair with a certain sparkle in his eyes.
He knew something they didn't.

As soon as they paid him, they made their way outside, ignoring his burning stare.

Not knowing that their wands share the Thestral tail hair, from the same Thestral.

The Chapter was like— really short, but I just wanted to write their Wands in one chapter

Hope you don't mind.