Chapter ten

Notes:
So, it's been 3 months since my last update... I'm really sorry. I had a lot of things to do and I just didn't feel like writing.
Here's a new chapter that maybe will make you forgive me(?). 🙏😭
-Flora

Alina woke up again in the warmth of Aleksander's arms.

It was so comfortable, familiar, and relaxing. She couldn't think of a place she ever felt better in. Her mind felt like it was wrapped up in a blanket.

"Alina, I know I'm comfortable but don't turn me into your pillow unless you want me to trap you in this bed for the rest of the day..."

Alina suddenly opened her eyes, surprised by his statement. Surprised he answered her thoughts, surprised she wasn't in a dream as she thought she was. Her eyes were still heavy with sleep.

Her thoughts had no boundaries in the morning she had to reign them.

When she shut her mind, memories came back to it and all at once she remembered the night before. Her heart ached again and she shut her eyes close.

She took a deep breath and snuggled closer to him smiling a little, "do I have to wake up?"

"No, we can stay here a little longer. Yesterday I made sure I had nothing to do in the early morning," he whispered in her ear.
"You can go back to sleep..."

Good. She just wanted to stay in bed and forget about her best friend and the rest of the world.

She yawned and nodded contently, rubbing her cheek on his shoulder, his voice was so calming and yet arousing in the morning...

Then she opened her eyes wide.

(yeah, I got you here, you thought smut, I'm sure you thought it, yet, here it is the worst conversation ever)

"Actually," she said after gulping "I wanted to continue the conversation we started having yesterday."

"Now?"

Alina lifted herself off Aleksander's chest and bracing herself with her right arm, she stood on her side beside him.

"Yes, it seems better now, with you trapped in my bed and no excuse to run away," she tried to ease the situation but her smile was forced.

Aleksander put his arms crossed behind his head.

"And why would I want to run away?" He asked amused, but also a little unsettled.

"It depends on your answer and your sincerity."

He nodded but quirked his eyes.

"So... what's the question?"

Alina took a deep breath, her free hand was on his chest, her mind was open and tended to his, trying to pick up every thought of his.

"How old are you?"

He wanted to seem confident at that moment but a sense of angst got to him, and he felt his bones freeze.

Genya had been right, he thought, now she wouldn't believe him anymore, she would go away and leave him there, alone, again.

No, no he wouldn't let this happen.

"Why such question now? Did some rumours get to you?"

"Well, I heard of the Darkling since I was a child, the Black General... and I know Grisha, and powerful ones, live a long life, so the question came to me naturally when I was thinking of you, Aleksander..."

"I am older than I look... a lot, Alina." He grimaced.

"I gathered."

Aleksander moved near her, trying to take every small expression she could make.