Absolute Carnage

A/n this is part 1 of a 2 part oneshot

This was the second murder scene this week Eddie reported on. He had zero leads on who could have committed them. None. At all. He finished up his work at the scene and headed back home. He could feel the uneasyness of the streets as he walked. Although he also had a slight suspicion it might be Venom on edge. He needed to figure who did this and fast. The city couldn't go on much longer with all these murder victims adding onto each other. Eddie got home and recollected his notes he'd been keeping. They all had the same type of wounds. A puncture wound to the stomach, their pancreases ripped out, and a huge chunk of flesh ripped from their necks. With all of these inflictions on every victim it was obvious they were carried out by the same person. Also at the scene were riddles written in blood. The first one said "What makes the human heart skip a beat?" And the second one said "Only the most devilish of men can face the truth."

"I feel like I should have figured this out by now." Eddie yells annoyed
Maybe if we looked at it from a different angle?
"What are you trying to get at Vee?" Eddie asks
You know the photos you took. What if we turned them to look at the scene in a different light.
"I mean we can try." Eddie says

Eddie takes the photos and all flips them upside down. He realized the blood splattered everywhere wasn't just random. It was like the killer meticulously splattered the blood in such a way to form some sort of...map...maybe.

"I think it's a map. Or maybe a face? I dunno at this point anything's a lead." Eddie sighs slumping in his chair.
It was worth a shot.
"Yeah. It was, now we just have to play the waiting game with a killer that's on the loose causeing carnage." Eddie groans
Say that again.
"Say what again?" Eddie asks
That last part you said.
"Killer that's on the loose causeing carnage?" Eddie says confused
We might have a lead.
"What? How?"
On our home world there was another one of us that was red. He was crazy. What if he's here and going on murder sprees trying to find us.
"But didn't all the symbiotes die? Like every one died from the wrong host, or in Riots case. Being blown up." Eddie says
We mean it's a better lead then nothing.
"True." Eddie sighs

Eddie got up and went to go to sleep. He was to tired and he thought if he slept on the case he might think of something. Maybe just maybe this isn't some alien coming to kill Venom and him, maybe it's just a killer on the loose. Deep down Eddie feared the worst. But he knew he had to get to the bottom of it and stop whoever was behind it.

***

Eddie woke up with a raging migraine. He figured it was nothing and took some ibuprofen. He turned on the news and made himself some break fast.

"Good morning San Francisco. Another gruesome sight today as the mystery killer strikes again. We have Olivia Sanchez at the scene for farther detail." The news anchor said
"Yeah I'm at the old life foundation building where another gruesome murder took place. Three men and a women were killed last night. All killed the same way. Puncture wounds to the stomach, pancreas removed, and part of the neck bitten off." Olivia reported
"For fucks sake another one." Eddie shouts slamming his coffee mug on the counter

Eddie quickly gets ready, grabs a jacket and his notebook, and heads out the door. As soon as he gets there he can see how similar the scene was to the others. Even the blood splattered were the same. Whoever is killing these people wasn't sparatic. It was intentional.

"Hey Venom take a look at the victims for me." Eddie whispered
On it.

Venom formed from Eddie's finger and took a taste of the blood of one of the victims.

It's fresh. Like not even hours old yet. The killer might still be around here.
"Shit. We gotta get these guys away from here." Eddie whisper shouts "Hey officers it's not safe to be around here. The blood on the victims isn't even hours old yet."
"I think we can handle a murderer. It's kinda our job." One of the officers argues
"Suit yourself I guess." Eddie says shoving past them and hopping on his motorcycle "I just hope your not on the news tomorrow for being murdered."

As Eddie road back into the City venom pondered on the scene.

We have to go back.
"What? Why?" Eddie asks
The murder was at the life foundation. They still aren't done cleaning out the experiments there right?
"Your not thinking our killer is connected to the Life foundation are you?" Eddie asks
Bingo.
"Ok we'll do a once over." Eddie says

Eddie drove back to the Life foundation and looked for anything out of place. He didn't find anything until he got to the lab where he bonded with Venom. There was a canister missing from the original 5 that were put there. The things in those canisters was the symbiotes. As soon as the pair saw that they knew who they were dealing with. Eddie quickly scribbled in his notebook that a symbiote was missing and made a mad dash to the door. But just as he opened the door he was shoved backward into a wall. He got up looking around for who or what slammed into him. Venom formed a sword waiting for anything to spring out at them. After a couple seconds of looking and nothing showing up he walked to the door sword still in hand. He wasted no time getting out the door untill when he reach the main entrance he saw the officers he talked to earlier dead on the floor. He heard a voice behind him.

"Such a shame we had to meet under such...malicious circumstances...Mr. Brock." The voice chuckled

[1038]