|| Chapter 2 ||

"Look,I can't let you go outside unless I want you to turn to a giant ice cube."

"Okay..."

After that was just silence. It was like that for a few minutes before Russia realized that Philip was asleep.

He walked over towards Philip and carried him to the couch. The fire was still burning and emitted a warm atmosphere,perfect for a cold winter night.

After Russia laid Philip down,he sat on the other side,making sure I gave enough space for Philip to stretch his legs.

"Russia..."the emperor heard a husky voice.

"Hmm?You're still awake?"Russia asked,turning his attention to Philip.

"I woke up..."Philip excused.

"I see..."Russia muttered,smiling.

Russia then turned his head towards the fire. He laid back on the couch,sighing and closing his eyes. Philip watched him with tired eyes.

"Russia?..."

"Yes?"

"Am I safe here?"

Russia's eyes opened. He looked at Philip. He looked weary,yet worried...No...More like afraid. The question intrigued Russia. He wanted to ask Philip why,but he didn't want to make Philip worry about answering it.

"You're in an emperor's palace. Of course you're safe."Russia guaranteed."Nothing from the outside can hurt you."

"No...I meant...Am I safe...from you?"Philip faltered.

Russia turned to look at the boy. The ruler had a lot of questions in his mind. Philip was a stranger that he brought in,and he didn't know much about him.

"What do you mean by that?"Russia questioned,raising a brow.

"You...Don't know?"Philip asked,his eyes widening a little.

"Don't know what exactly?"Russia said.

"You don't know what I have?"Philip told.

Now Russia was confused. Was it about his necklace?Or maybe it was something else. Whatever it was,Russia didn't know. He just sighed quietly.

"Look...I don't know what this thing that you have. So don't worry."Russia said.

"You're not gonna hurt me,are you?"Philip asked.

"Hurt you?No,I wouldn't."Russia answered.

"If I'm safe here...Can I stay here for a while?"Philip said.

"Sure. Stay as long you like."Russia replied.

Philip closed his eyes,going back to sleep. Russia stared at him,questioning himself about this boy he brought in. Who was he?And what does he have?

A knock on the door was then heard. Russia stood up and opened it. A woman in uniform stood infront of him,bowing her head and holding a tray.

"Your tea,Your Majesty."the maid announced.

"Thank you."Russia said.

He opened the door for the maid who stepped in and placed the tray on the table. She then looked over at Philip. When she did,her eyes seemed to lit up.

For a brief moment,her calm expression turned a little surprised. She stood up and walked over to Russia,bowing first before leaving the room.

Russia then sat down on the couch and poured himself some tea. He blew the cup before taking a sip.