Chapter Twenty-Seven: Kaleidoscope Eyes

TBBO Twenty Seven

Naruto's POV

"Ero-sennin, why did you call me here, 'ttebayo?" I folded my arms, displeased. The stupid pervert had sent for me, at this hour, and all we were doing was walking! If I wanted to walk- which I didn't, I wanted to sleep- then I could have done so around the village!

"I decided that it's time you got stronger-"

"At this hour?!" he frowned at me for cutting him off, then continued.

"So I'm going to teach you a new jutsu. But first, I need you to do something for me." my eyes widened, extreme excitement filling my tired system with energy.

"A new jutsu! Great! What do you want me to do?" I exclaimed, and Ero-sennin smiled.

"Well, there's this woman I need to get to go on a date with me... it's for my research..."

- - -

I sighed heavily. Bumped off again. That Ero-sennin...

Alcohol, girls, and money. I could count them on my fingers- three things that shinobi were not meant to partake in, and yet the supposed Legendary Sannin Jiraiya did all three. And sent me back to the hotel with an empty Gama-chan and a bunch of papers for his stupid novel.

Still, I was extremely tired. I slept like a log that night, deciding that I should sleep quickly- the sooner to get to my training the next day- only to wake up and find that Ero-sennin had not returned to the room! I growled to myself and folded my arms, sitting hunched on the bed and readying myself for a long wait.

A knock sounded on the door, and I shot to answer it, all geared up to yell at the pervy Sage for shrugging me off yesterday. I yanked the door open, but was met by the sight of two dark figures.

'Sasuke?' I shook my head, 'No... not Sasuke. But he has his Sharingan... who is this guy?'

"Naruto-kun... you're coming with us." he said, his voice deep and smooth. I glared at him.

"What makes you think I'm gonna drop everything to go with two weirdos like you, 'ttebayo?!" I growled, and the... blue... one chuckled.

"It would be better for you if you just came quietly." the dark haired guy spoke, and the blue guy piped up.

"I don't think we can trust him to not pull anything, Itachi-san..." he grinned, flashing jagged teeth, "I should cut off a limb or two, just in case." he swung this weird bandaged wiggly thing in an arc, and I felt my body weaken.

"What the-?!" that thing, it was taking my chakra! I grinned, expression strained. If it wanted to steal my chakra, then I'd give it something to feast on! I mentally subdued the fox, and red chakra began to blaze around my form, blistering and burning on my skin, but I couldn't focus on that. I leapt into the corridoor to collide with my foes, only to halt at a voice.

"Itachi... Uchiha..." I looked up.

"Sasuke?" I questioned, confused.

"Stay out of this, Naruto!" he ordered, seriously. His tone took me by surprise, and I didn't argue. His eyes were red, and glued to the dark haired one, who I assumed was 'Itachi'. "It's as you said, brother." his hair and clothes began to lift with static, the familiar blue electricity sparking to life on his hand, "I've fostered my hatred for you for all of this time... living for one soul purpose." he thrust his arm into the brickwork with a loud crunch, "To see you die!" Then he charged.

The battle was over before it had even begun. Itachi, impossibly, caught the chidori, and bent Sasuke's wrist until it broke with a sickening snap. I heard a whimper to my left, and finally realised that Sachi stood beside me, agony written all over her face as she watched the war between the two Uchihas. I turned my gaze back to the match with a frown.