Chapter Five- We're So Starving

-Recap-

"Ahh, Kakashi-sensei makes a good bento~" I sang, then looked to Sasuke in confusion. "But why'd you feed me?"

"To shut you up. You were giving me a headache." Well! He could at least be nice about it!

Oh well, I don't really care. Either way, I got food, so...

I blinked, and realised I had just missed a whole conversation. Sakura put some food in Naruto's mouth, and then there was suddenly a huge-ass explosion.

"YOU..!!"

-End recap-

"Pass

I sweatdropped as the storm clouds faded away. We passed?

"What?" Sakura asked dumbly, as usual.

"All of the others just listened to my instructions and failed. They weren't able to think independently. It's true that those who break the rules are scum, but anyone who abandons their comrades is lower than that." I swallowed nervously as Kakashi looked at me. "So, you all pass."

I'm a ninja, finally! And you know what? I swear, I will do everything in my power to protect my comrades and village. Maybe that way, I can be a shinobi of the same calibre as my mother.

"Aaahh!!! I knew this would happen, I just knew it!" I was brought out of my trance to the sound of Naruto yelling. Then I realised;

Those butt-faces had left us tied up!! They. Are. So. Mean!!

---

When someone finally came back to cut us down, Naruto and I were in the middle of perfecting the art of foot patty-cake. When the ropes were cut away abruptly, I pushed my feet hard against Naruto's and he did the same, stopping us from falling. Then I retracted my legs fast, landing gracefully while Naruto fell on his butt.

"Ow! Sachi-chan, what was that for?!" he whined, and I snickered.

"For drooling on my skirt this morning." I said, pulling him up. Then I looked and saw Sasuke. Obviously it was him that had taken pity on us and cut us down.

I frowned, then leapt at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist from behind. "Thaaaank yoooouuu Saaasukeeee!!"

He grunted in irritation. "It's fine. Just get off of me."

I pouted. "Nope. You have to carry me."

He scowled at me over his shoulder. "Why?"

"Because you decided to have a butt for a face and leave me and Naru-chan here." both boys just blinked at me, weirded out by the sudden character change. Hey, it's not my fault. I told you that Izanami makes me emotionally retarded.

Plus, I was hungry, and Sasuke runs faster than me.

"Onwards!" I cried, pointing in a random direction. Sasuke rose an eyebrow.

"You don't even live in that direction!" I blinked at him, feigned horror on my face.

"You know where I live?!" I yelled, leaping off of him, "Stalker!!"

"Uh, no... you made me walk you home from the Academy before, when you thought Choji was going to eat you..." Sasuke stated drily, and I just waved my hand and laughed it off, albeit slightly awkwardly.

"Well, in any case, I'm hungry." I grabbed Naruto's hand. "You're coming back to my place for dinner." I started to tug Naruto along, then looked back at Sasuke. "You can come too if you want."

He just stared at me for a moment, then nodded and followed after us.

It was freezing in my flat, since the heating was still down, but I had a gas stove, and some matches, and the water was still working, so I could cook still.