Chapter Four- I Have Friends In Holy Spaces

I sighed, wrapping the towel tightly around myself and sneezing. I was sitting in mine and Ino's shared room, on my bed. Sasuke was sitting in the armchair across from me, looking extremely harassed as Ino cuddled into him. He was also wrapped in a towel.

He let out a sigh, and I covered my mouth with my towel to hide a giggle. Hehe... he looked so uncomfortable.

But, he was stuck here until the rain let up. It was pouring it down out there still, and Yamanaka-san had insisted he stay here and dry off, since the Uchiha district is all the way on the other side of the village.

"Well, I have to go sort some things." Ino said, standing up and breaking the silence. "Don't miss me too much, Sasuke-kun."

I bit my lip to stifle a snicker, and Ino left. I guess she trusts me to be alone with Sasuke, since I'm like her sister.

"Eheheh... sorry about this, Sasuke-san..." I mumbled, and he gave a sort of grunt noise. I smiled a little in humour, then pulled the towel down from over my head. My hair was dry now.

You're probably wondering why I was still in my wet clothes.

Well, you see, all my other clothes were at my place. The only change of clothes I had here was my pyjama's... and no way was I putting them on with Sasuke here.

Although they were just a t-shirt and trackies... screw it.

"I'm just going to change." I stood up, grabbing my pj's, and he just gave me a look of 'why didn't you do that earlier?'

I bit back a laugh as he scowled at me; his hair had gone all fuzzy because of the rain, but still stuck up in that duck's ass style. He looked almost cute.

When I came back, it seemed he understood why I hadn't changed earlier. I was in my pj's... and it was embarassing. But oh well.

I pulled my hair out of it's braid and fluffed it out, then grabbed my towel and hung it over the banister. I then went and sat back on my bed, shifting a little so that I was leaning against the wall.

Once more, Sasuke and I entered a stare down. We seemed to have a lot of those lately... it was frustrating. I never seemed to be able to tell what he was thinking.

"Why did you freak out earlier?" Sasuke's question caught me off-guard, and I jumped.

I thought about what he'd said, then answered slowly.

"Sakura set up a trap for when I left that room earlier... I got soaked, and my necklace was ruined." Sasuke rose an eyebrow.

"Isn't that a little superficial? Getting so upset over a necklace?" I gazed at him a moment, then smiled sadly, looking at the ground.

"It was my Mother's..." I trailed off, not wanting to say any more.

"'was'?" I looked up at him, meeting his eyes and holding the eye contact.

"My Mother died when I was five." he looked taken aback, and I just smiled. "Well, looks like you just learned something new about me, Sasuke-san."

* * *

"Well okay then. Introduce yourselves, starting with you, blonde boy on the right." our new sensei said, pointing to Naruto. Sakura cut him off.

"What about you, sensei? We don't know anything about you yet!" Sensei sighed, and put his chin in his hands.

"My name's Kakashi Hatake. My likes and dislikes... I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future... I don't really have one. And hobbies.. I have many hobbies." I smiled a little, then frowned as I sneezed. Stupid rain.