Chapter 42

Charlie

"What are you doing here?" I couldn't think of the right words to say as he came near me. Damn! He looks as mighty fine as I could remember. He was wearing a suit, and it made him even more dashing in my eyes. I gulped as he neared me, although he has this tentative look on his face as if he's not sure of something, pakiramdam ko ay napakasigurado parin ng mga kilos niya.

The ever so confident and smoldering hot, Aramis Sobrevega.

I tried digging my nails unto my arms just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I winced. Ang sakit! Pero hindi nawala si Ram sa paningin ko, so this must be really happening. I rubbed my severed arm, ang sakit pala ng ginawa ko.

Ram chuckled as he took my arm from me and touched it soothingly. "What did you do that for?"

"A-akala ko kasi na-nananaginip ako?" I couldn't concentrate on what to say anymore. Ang lahat ng atensyon ko ay napunta sa kamay niyang marahang humahaplos sa parte kung saan bumaon ang kuko ko. His every touch left a stinging, yet pleasant sensation.

"Bakit? Mukha ba kong aparisyon?" he teased, a playful smile tugging on his reddish lips.

I fought so hard not to swoon. Ang bilis at ang lakas ng tibok puso ko. Totoo talaga to eh, he is indeed right here in front of me. This is not a dream! "W-what are you doing here?"

"Malling?"

Kumunot ang noo ko. And since when the enigmatic Aramis Sobrevega went shopping?

Tumaas ang kamay niya at pinalis ang kunot sa noo ko. "You look adorable when youre skeptical like that." he said smiling. "Your dad told me you were here, although I'm not sure where exactly. Good thing I remembered how addicted you are with coffee." he mused.

"You remembered." I felt stupid as soon as the words came out of my mouth.

"Of course I will! Why would I even forget that?" he was looking at me amused.

Naalala niya na mahilig ako sa kape, does that mean he still thinks about me? Does that mean.. Wait a minute! "You talked to my dad?!" I asked him incredulously.

"Yeah, as I've said awhile ago." he shrugged, he was now grinning at me, showing his perfect set of white teeth.

"When? Why?" sunod sunod na tanong ko. Hindi ako makapinawalang nagusap sila ni Dad. "How?!"

He chuckled as he put a finger on my lips. "Isa isa lang okay?" he better take that finger off my lips before I gave in to the urge of biting it sensually. I breathed a sigh of relief as his hand went to my cheek and cupped it tenderly. "I went to your office and your dad told me you were here."

"But why? Why did you go to my office?" I asked, feeling a little breathless.

His hands went on my waist, pulled me closer to him and settled them there. I gulped as I realized how close our bodies were. "I wanted to see you, Charlie. There's so much we have to talk about, don't you think so?" he whispered huskily making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"Yeah.." it was as if air was knocked out of me. I stared back at his grayish eyes that seemed to bore through me. "But-- here?"

He gave me a lopsided smile. Hinila niya ko sa gilid ng daan. Isinandal niya ang balakang sa may balustre, we are on the second floor of the mall, by the way. Nanatili siyang nakatingin sakin, still wearing that infectious smile of him. "Where do you wanna talk, Ms. Tuazon? There are plenty of hotels around here."

I stared at him open mouthed for awhile before bursting out laughing.

"What?" he asked, confused at my sudden fits of giggle.