5-Coffee Eyes

Chapter 5

"For the second time, he bellowed, 'I killed you!'" Athena was caught off guard by the sudden declaration, unable to comprehend his words. "Heeseung, what are you talking about?" she exclaimed, struggling to catch her breath while still trapped in his grasp.

There was no response. His vision was blurred, emotions cast aside as his world turned crimson. He was adrift, seemingly lost in his own mind, reminiscing about something. Athena could sense his absence.

"Shut the fuck up," he retorted.

"Heeseung!" she called out, but he remained unresponsive, lost in his thoughts or memories. Left with no other option, she resorted to slapping him, the sound echoing in the air. Heeseung blinked his eyes, meeting her gaze. The scent of her coffee breath brought him back to reality—it was her. However, as Athena examined his eyes, they seemed different, as if he were not himself. She could perceive worry, care, and even traces of love in his gaze—emotions he rarely displayed.

Heeseung looked up at Athena, his eyes widening in realization. It wasn't him. His grip on the knife began to loosen, and it fell to the ground. Tremors coursed through his hands, his body overheating as sweat trickled down his neck. "I'm so sorry," he whispered, his voice breaking, retreating to his bed. He curled up, hugging his knees like a lost child.

He couldn't breathe, it felt as if someone was choking him. He could feel the sweat drench his skin, the throbbing of his own eyes, the ringing screams vibrating in his ears, and the thumping of his heart against his chest.

All that was in her mind was him. His fingers are curled into a fist, nails digging into his palm. He can't hear his rapid breathing, but he can feel the oxygen flooding in and out of his lungs.

He's remembering him.

He remembered the corpse that was in front of him, the first person he killed. Fear tortures his guts, churning his stomach with intense cramps. Fear engulfs his conscience, knocking all other thoughts aside. Fear overwhelms his body, making it drastically exhausted. Adrenaline floods his system, It is pumped and beaten like it's trying to escape. He thought his heart would explode and his eyes were wide with fear.

His body wanted to either run fast for the safety of the hills or to the crate of weaponry, but instead, he remained where he was. Hugging his knees close to his chest. Athena on the other hand couldn't believe her eyes. She didn't want to anyway. she never saw something like that even in her worst nightmares.

She made her way towards him quickly.

"Heyy I'm sorry if I said something," she said brushing her finger through his dark hair before he pushed himself away from her touch, "don't touch me." She knew that she has woken up in his mind. She made him remember something. Something that caused his anxiety.

"I'm sorry," she said regret in her voice even though she was not the reason. but she couldn't see him in this state. It was her first time even with Sunghoon he didn't show any of this before. She was so confused. She wanted to know the reason, but she knew that she wouldn't get an answer if she asked now. She kept caressing his hair gently like a child who was receiving love and tenderness from his mother but he didn't stop her, she was the second person to touch him like that after his mother.

She wrapped an arm around his shoulders and pulled him close, gently rubbing his arm. Despite the heaviness in her stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of her body pressed against his. He sank into the warmth of her side, appreciative of the simple gesture. Her touch made the room warmer somehow, his future within its walls seems a little less bleak.

the Heeseung who was in front of her was letting his guard down.

Her embrace was warm, and her arms around him seemed very protective when wrapped around his frail body. The world around her melted away as he squeezed her back, not wanting the moment to end.