2-trapped

2-trapped

A faint smell of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air. The only smell that can calm her senses. She was addicted to coffee as much as addicted to its smell. And like the normal days, she always spent with her parents. The sun was already shining its rays initializing a new day with new events when Jin greeted Athena whilst she was waiting at the table for the breakfast to be done. "Good morning"

It was rare for the family to gather in the mornings- the family that has h father and her brother, having two grown-up adults. Athena and Jin, each have their own life. Make it so hard to make it real after the death of their mother- After the devastating loss of their mother, a figure whom Athena had never had the chance to live with, their longing for her presence grew even stronger.

Yet, despite the challenges, they made it a point to prioritize their father's company and ensure that he never felt alone, even if he stubbornly denied it. The absence of their departed mother weighed heavily on their father, leaving him a man plagued by a deep sense of loneliness that was embraced by his drinking episodes.

However, when Athena and Jin managed to gather together, an unmistakable glimmer of happiness danced in their father's eyes. It was as if time rewound, and the family, brimming with nostalgia, eagerly embraced the opportunity to breathe life into cherished memories once shared with their children.

"I would be good if you don't crush me with your hands" Athena spoke mentioning to his hands that were holding her tightly.

"Sorry, I didn't know. You are this fragile?" he releases his hold almost instantly, with a concerned looked expressed on his face.

"Yes, because you're a big bag of muscles to handle big bro ."

"I know," he blurted out as he patted her head, offering her his precious smile.

She smiled at him before giving him a kiss on his right cheek telling him that she loved him too until they noticed their father was walking up to them with all the food prepared and ready to be devoured. "Here is your food," her dad puts the plates down on the table, smiling.

"Finally," Jin looks up at the tall man.

"Yeah, finally we are eating together," his dad said teasing his grown son. "No, finally it's time to make my hunger gone" Jin mocked his father even more.

What a tease!

"You are a grown man doctor and still wait for your parents to make you your breakfast " his father responded.

Even the elders have their way of teasing.

"Sometimes I wonder how you succeed in having your degree in Oxford"

"Thank you, but I'm still your only son," he utters with humor, as their parents are joining them at the table to start enjoying our breakfast.

"And? " he gives his son a serious look.

"Stop it, Dad, it seemed to me you don't love me anymore" he voiced in sarcasm, clutching his heart.

"You know that I love you both equal child! " he pronounced scolding Jin but trying to hide the smile.

"Them, stop teasing me," he grins at his dad.

After that sentence, silence filled the place whilst they were eating their meal, in peace. But sadly, that piece was disturbed by Athena's father asking. "Athena you will be transferring today right ?" Her dad interrupted their discussion while she nodded her head.

"Isn't that a little dangerous for you? You can just work in your office Athena? It will be fine, right? " He wanted her to work in his hospital as he wished before- like her brother and him, but she was a hard-headed girl. That's why she didn't go along with the usual route. She believed that if she took his internship offer, she wouldn't achieve much. She was confident in this feeling. She also knew she was more of an introvert. She preferred staying hidden and doing her tasks well. She enjoyed challenges. She liked being in a quiet corner, working alone, without anyone watching her.