~five~

"Here." Chan slips back into the car and tosses me a plastic bag before taking his hat and mask off. I stare down at the bag and sigh.

"What? I told you I'd get it for you. What's the problem?" Chan groans as he turns toward me.

"Nothing." I grumble as I stuff it into my bag. I set my bag between my feet on the ground and turn back toward the window.

"Clearly you're pissed about something. What? Tell me. I can take it I'm a big boy." Chan grabs my wrist and tugs in attempt to get me to look at him.

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong. Okay? Can't you just listen for once? If I don't want to tell you can't you just accept it? You did what you said you'd do so let's just go home." I pry his fingers from my wrist and he rolls his eyes. He starts the car up and pulls away from the pharmacy.

We sit in silence. The air between us growing more and more heated. There's no reason to talk. If we do, it'll only add fuel to the already raging fire. He messed up. He messed up again and he can't blame me this time. It was him. All him.

He went too far with his harsh words. He said things he had promised he'd never say. He promised six years ago—so it's possible it slipped his mind—but still. If he didn't know if I was okay with it, he shouldn't have gone there. I can take him calling me a nobody. I can take him saying he's using me. I can take a lot of things, but he stepped just a little too far. He has to realize what he did. I refuse to bring it up. He needs to take responsibility for it.

"I'm sorry." Chan mumbles as he comes to a stop at a light. He reaches over and places his hand on my thigh. I close my eyes tightly and gently brush him off.

He swears under his breath, clearly pissed that I'm putting firm boundaries in place after everything that happened just hours earlier. He licks his lips before taking the bottom one between his teeth. He doesn't say a word despite how frustrated he is.

I glance over as his phone starts ringing. He answers it through the car. I turn away as soon as I notice who it is.

"Where are you? It's getting late. We have to be up early. I get that you're a workaholic, but you're supposed to be bringing Summer home. I'm pretty sure she wants more than an hour or two of sleep." ChangBin scolds as JiSung grumbles in the background.

"I'm coming now." Chan snaps, but quickly tries to get himself in check. He's pissed at me, not ChangBin.

"Damn—what the hell happened to you? Shit—maybe you should go back to the studio." ChangBin chuckles in amusement at Chan's flustered state.

"Are you with Summer already?" JiSung joins in and I steal a glance over at Chan to see his face.
He tenses up a bit and clenches his teeth.

"Yeah—she's here." Chan responds as calmly as he can. He tightens his grip on the steering wheel in hopes of keeping himself level headed.

"Are you still being an ass to her? I swear to god if you make her cry again I'll beat your ass. I don't know what the hell happened between the two of you, but I refuse to let you keep it going." ChangBin states firmly as he reclaims control of his phone.

"I'm almost to the apartment. I'm hanging up." Chan quickly ends the call and turns into the parking lot. He pulls into his spot before turning the car off. He hits the lock to ensure that I can't get out without him having a chance to stop me.

Well aware of his antics, I don't even attempt to open the door. I rest my hands in my lap and continue to stare out the window. I'm not giving him the satisfaction of breaking me. He'll never learn if I don't make him figure out what he did on his own. I can't tell him.