~ten~

"What's wrong, Love?" HyunJin asks as he comes to a halt in front of me. He leans forward panting. He clearly ran here. He won't admit it, but he did. His forehead is covered in a thin layer of sweat and he looks thirsty.

"I don't know what to do, Jinnie. I just—I'm scared and confused." I lower my head as he falls to his knees in front of me. He places his hands on my thighs and looks up at me.

"Tell me. Tell your Prince everything that's going on. I'll do what I can to help." HyunJin instructs as he reaches up to brush my hair from my face.

"You're going to hate me. You told me you loved me then—then I went and did some stupid stuff." I start crying harder than before. I can't take the fact I hurt him and here I am asking him for help.

"Hey—stop it—I do love you. I will always love you. You're my Love after all. I will never hate you. You know that. Take a deep breath and tell me what's going on. Start from the beginning." HyunJin slowly coaches me through my breakdown.

"My—my mom got me a job working with one of my childhood friends. We had a fight the last time we saw each other—then—then he took my— my virginity—that was six years ago though." I struggle to get the hardest parts out. If it wasn't him, it wouldn't be as hard, but knowing how much I mean to him—it makes it excruciatingly painful to tell him.

"Hey—don't freak out about it. You can talk to me about anything. You lost your virginity—so what? Keep going, Love. You're working with that childhood friend—" HyunJin encourages as he takes my hand in his and squeezes.

"He's an idol. I'm—I'm kind of like an assistant manager or something—honestly it's just a bullshit title someone made up because he asked them to. I'm living with him and his group because it's easier for my mom. I—I got mad at him—we fought a lot. Then we—we—" I shake my head unable to go on. I can't do this to him. I can't tell him we had sex several times in the last twenty-four or so hours. Especially not when I'm here to ask him to date me.

"Love—you don't have to say it. I think I get it. What do you need me for? Hm? Do you want me to just sit here with you? Do you want me to help you figure out what to say to him? What can I do to help?" HyunJin pulls me in for a hug. He's always been good at reading my mind. We always finished each other's sentences. It was like our heads were connected with a bridge. One person would think something and the other would say it.

"He told me—he told me to be happy. That he can't make me happy. He told me to be with the person who makes me happy and learn what a healthy relationship is—Jinnie—you make me happy. I know I turned you down before—I was just—I was scared. I was too focused on that one memory to realize that maybe we could've worked. I—" HyunJin cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine softly.

He tangles his fingers in my hair and rests his free hand on my hip. He pulls back with a satisfied smile on his gorgeous face. He presses his forehead to mine and hums contently.

"I told you I'd always love you. If you wanted me to ask you out again—all you had to do was say it. You didn't have to go through that long story. My Love—do you want to go out with me? I promise I'll treat you like my princess. You'll always be my first priority. I'll take you out on fun dates as often as I can. I'll make sure you get to eat lots of delicious food. I'll always hold you when you're cold. Whatever you need—Love—I'll make sure you get it. If I'm not the person you want after awhile—just tell me. I'll fall right back into the best friend zone. Whatever you want." HyunJin pulls back to see my face better. He cups my cheek and trails his thumb over my skin. He lowers his hand and tugs his sleeve down so he can dry my tears with it.

"I had sex with him earlier, Jinnie. Why are you so willing to overlook that? Isn't that usually a deal breaker?" I swallow hard as I slowly start to get a grip on my emotions.