Part 1 Hunting

Pancala Forest that afternoon looked calm as usual. Big trees with vines make the forest atmosphere quiet, shady, and cool.

Suddenly the calm of the forest was disturbed by the appearance of several soldiers. They cut down the thorny plants to clear the way.

"We're just slashing here, right?" a soldier asked his friend.

"I don't know. I think so. Gusti ayu (pretty lord) said she would hunt in this area."

"But since earlier there is no animal to be seen. What are we looking for here?"

"Aren't there usually a lot of animals here?"

"Looks like they're hiding or moving to another area."

"What then? Shall we move ?"

Not long after, a beautiful girl came in. She used male cloth, carried a bow and arrows.

"Are there no animals here?"

"Nothing, gusti ayu. Maybe we should move to another area."

"You know where deer or wild boars usually gather?"

"Usually there are a lot of animals here, gusti. Maybe they moved to an area near the river. There is no rain in the last few months."

"Hmm.. That's right. Let's move. Let's go to the river."

"Sendiko gusti (yes master)."

Not long after, they arrived at the river that divides the Pancala forest. The water seemed to have shrunk due to the drought.

"There's nothing here either, my lord."

"Yes. We haven't seen any animals since then, have we ?"

Suddenly one of the soldiers shouted.

"Hey, hey, there !! Look! There's a deer over there!"

The girl immediately ran in the intended direction. She took an arrow and pointed it at the deer. Aim carefully, then.. Whooosss ! Too bad the shot missed. The deer ran away.

"Arrrhgg!! Missed!!" she said annoyed.

"Calm down my lady. There will be more later on." said the soldier.

"Let's move over there, my lord." One of them said pointing to the other way.

"Let's go. But be careful not to get lost." The woman said again. They rushed to the other side of the forest. Unbeknownst to them, several people were observing their behavior.

"Who are they ?" a handsome man dressed in keprabon (royal dress) asked to the person next to him.

"Judging from her clothes, it looks like she's Pancala's daughter, sinuwun (Your Majesty). This is Pancala's forest."