Part 9 The Dancer

After that incident, the tension between Sumbadra and Srikandi melted away. Their relationship was closer than before. Sumbadra even often invited her to engage in gathering events between Arjuna's wives making Srikandi felt much more comfortable in her new life.

But it is not Srikandi's soul to live trapped between the high walls of the palace. She was an active woman who loved adventure. She wanted to move freely and played an active role in society. She remembered again his father's offer but to ask permission from Arjuna was definitely not an easy thing because Arjuna was a possessive-man type. But like men in general, the conversation after sex was always easier to accept. After serving out her husband, she seduced him.

"Kangmas, do you like if your wife is not happy?" She asked

"Hm..." Arjuna replied lazily, typical of a man after being satisfied.

"Do you want your wife to be happy?"

"You mean ?"

"How about my father's wish to make me a regent in Pancala? Do you agree to it?"

"Is that your father's wish or your wish?"

"Emm.. My father's wish."

Arjuna laughed hearing that.

"That's your wish, right?" he asked, pinching her nose.

"Will you allow me?" Srikandi insisted.

"Mmm..."

"Kangmas, you know my character right? I'm used to be active. I'm not used to live cooped up in kaputren. Since the first time you met me, you know me. I can't live like this, kangmas. I'm stressed."

"You can help brother Sucitra and Surata to train the soldiers."

"You mean I train male soldiers?" Srikandi started to sulk. "Please, kangmas. Let me be the regent in Pancala. After all, the area is next to Madukara. I will not linger in Pancala. I will go back and forth, for example, 2 weeks in Pancala, 2 weeks in Madukara. You want your wife to be happy, right?

Arjuna was silent.

"Or 1 week in Pancala, 3 weeks in Madukara?"

Srikandi tried to negotiate.

"How bout that?"

Arjuna still didn't react.

"How about trying it for a week first? If you don't like it, I'll cancel it. How about that?" Srikandi said while kissing her husband. Her fingers danced on his chest.

Arjuna took a deep breath. "Yeah okay. Try it first, a month. If I don't like it, our agreement is canceled."

"Of course sir." Srikandi said happily. "Kangmas is a good husband. I'm leaving tomorrow for Pancala. Is it okay, Kangmas?" She said while kissing and hugging her husband.