Part 4 Back to Pancala

In the kingdom of Paranggubarja, King Jungkungmardea could not sleep. He paced back and forth, calming his troubled heart. The image of Srikandi's beautiful face kept haunting his mind. He tried to meditate, empty his troubled mind and draw closer to the Almighty. One minute, two minutes, half an hour, an hour, he couldn't concentrate. He didn't manage to calm. 

Upset with his condition, he got up from his meditation and went to the training center. He took a toya stick (a stick without a spearhead).

"Soldier, summon Tumenggung Natapralaya here."

"Sendiko sinuwun."

Not long after tumenggung Natapralaya came.

"Natapralaya I want to train with you. Take whatever weapon you want. You become my opponent."

"But sinuwun, it's already late. Shouldn't we practice tomorrow morning?"

"I want now. Watch out for my attacks." He said while attacking tumenggung Natapralaya with his toya, forced him to defence himself. 

"Is there a problem sinuwun? Maybe I can help you." Natapralaya said on the sidelines of their battle.

"I can't sleep. The image of Pancala's daughter keeps perching on my mind."

"Then what will you do?"

The King did not answer. He just attacked him blindly. The vicious attack of the king was giving him trouble. Several times his body was hit by the toya stick. Finally, he jumped back.

"I have to propose to her soon, Natapralaya. My life is dry. I can't sleep, can't eat, I can't concentrate. I feel like if I can't marry her I'll be dead." he said while attacking his subordinate.

"Patience sinuwun. If only about proposing, I can go to Pancala. Your Majesty, please wait in Paranggubarja." the tumenggung said, panting. His body ached from being battered by his king's stick.

"It's okay. You may go home. Get some rest. Your body is already bruished."

"Sendiko sinuwun."

Tumenggung Natapralaya resigned. After the departure of his subordinate, the king sat cross-legged in silence. He meditated to close himself from all lust.

Morning came. The King opened his eyes. To refresh his body, he took a shower and rushed to the royal hall.

"Call me patih Jayasudarga." he ordered one of the soldiers.

"Sendiko sinuwun." he said. He immediately went to kepatihan, called the patih.

"What's wrong Your Majesty?" Patih asked.

"Kakang patih, I can't sleep for several nights. The image of the princess Pancala always shadowing my mind. I really fell in love with her, brother. It feels like if I can't marry her I will surely die."