Part 5 Marriage

Two weeks later, a meeting ceremony was held between Cakranegara and Dewi Srikandi. Royal guests flocked to witness the matching bridal couple.

Srikandi looked beautiful in her elegant wedding dress. Her curly and beautiful hair was neatly tied up in a bun, decorated with ruffled jasmine garland. A small crown adorning her head. Cakranegara also looks handsome in his wedding dress decorated with gold and gems.

Throughout the ceremony, she kept looked down, didn't say a word. Seeing his wife silent, Cakranegara said no word. After the meeting ceremony ended, she rushed out of the ballroom and walked quickly to her room. In her room, she folded her arms on the table, immersed her face, and cried bitterly. Her heart ached to marry someone she didn't love. She was mad at her bad luck, felt desperate and hopeless. She thought only Arjuna would be able to fulfill her request. She was wrong. Someone could do it. She's very disappointed with Arjuna who she thought has no will to fight for their love

Not long after, Cakranegara entered the room following her. He saw his wife weeping, he felt guilty. He could not bear it. He held her shoulder and asked, "Yayi, why are you crying?"

Feeling her husband's hand on her shoulder, she immediately stood up. While wiping her tears she said angrily, "Don't touch me!"

"Why can't I touch you? You're my wife." He said softly.

"I said don't touch me, means don't touch me. I don't care if you're my husband or not. Go away. I want to be alone." she said. She turned her back to Cakranegara.

He smiled. "Why should I go? What's the matter? Can you tell me, maybe I can help you." he said.

Hearing this, she turned her body. Her face turned happy. "Really? Do you want to help me? Thank goodness. I want you to divorce me." She said with happy sparkling eyes.

Seeing how happy she was, Cakranegara laughed. "I just married you. Why should I divorce you?" Cakranegara asked while sitting on a chair. He smiled as his wife pouted again.

"I don't love you. I love someone else." Srikandi said bitchy.

"Oh, is that so? But I've won the contest."

"That's why I want to marry you. Now we are married. I have kept my words. Now I beg you to divorce me."

"Hahaha .. What is my gift to divorce you?"

"Whatever you want I'll do it."

He stood up, smiling.

"Fine! I agree. I want you to serve me."

"Okay. What do you want to eat? I'll serve you."

"That's not what I want. I want you to serve me as my wife."

She was shocked.

"What?? That's impossible!"

"Why not? You are my legal wife. I am your husband."

"Ask for anything. I'll grant you everything but not that one."

"How about you serve me tonight? After that, we will be divorced. I promise you."

"You're crazy!! I'd rather die than serve you."

"Then I won't divorce you."

Hearing this, she was despaired.

"Please, brother. I beg you so much. Please divorce me." she said pitifully. "All my life I have never begged anyone. This time I am begging you to divorce me. I will give you a lot of wealth, I'll give you whatever you ask, as long as you divorce me. I think this is fair for both of us." she said as she cupped her palms with a pitiful face. Cakranegara almost burst out laughing. But his heart was strengthened. He wanted to test his wife.