Part 17 The End of War

The war is over. Pandawa's warriors celebrate their victory by sitting in front of bonfires. They made a memorial to commemorate comrades who died on the battlefield. Some of them embraced each other to support their colleagues.

Drestajumena sat alone facing his bonfire. Occasionally his hand fixed the flame. His face looked gloomy.

"Dimas, what are you thinking about?" Srikandi asked while sitting next to him.

"I remember our late father and mother." He said quietly. "Mother insisted on doing labuh geni (suicide by burned herself together with her husband corpse). Why did she do that?"

Hearing this, Srikandi embraced her brother.

"That's because our mother loved our father very much. They are both now in heaven. Dimas don't think about that anymore. Let them rest in eternity. What is your plan now, Dimas? The kingdoms of Pancala and Darsana need you. How about you become the king of Pancala and unite it with Darsana? Darsana is your father-in-law's kingdom. You must lead it too."

"I'm not thinking about that right now, kangmbok."

"But you still have to think about it. Because you are father's only son. You are the one who will inherit Pancala, our ancestral kingdom. Our homeland. How are yayi Dewi Suwarni and the children?"

"Good.."

"The children are waiting for you. They must be very happy to see their father come back from the war with victory. This victory is the fruit of your efforts, dimas. You are the one who designed all Pandawa's strategies. You are the one who leads the entire Pandawa army. Without you, it's impossible to win this holy war. I'm proud of you." Srikandi smiled. She embraced her brother's shoulder. Drestajumena looked at his sister.

"If you haven't succeeded in killing the grandfather sage Bhishma, the Pandawa wouldn't win either, kangmbok. You are the key to Pandawa's victory. I'm proud of you too, my sister."

Srikandi hugged her brother. Drestajumena hugged his sister back. They hugged each other for a long time. Compared to Drupadi, Drestajumena was indeed closer to Srikandi.

"I'm sure mom and dad are proud of us. They're smiling out there." Srikandi said.

"By the way, what are you going to do tonight, dimas? How long are you going to sit here? You need to take a rest. It's getting late."

"Get sleep, kangmbok. I still want to be here."

"Okay. I have to go now. I have to take Parikesit. Poor Utari, she is always awake at night. Since Abhimanyu died, she have trouble sleeping. I will take Parikesit sleep with me so she can take a  rest."

"Sure, kangmbok. Go." Drestajumena said.

Srikandi walked to Utari's camp to pick up Parikesit. Utari was Abhimanyu's wife. When her husband died she was pregnant. When their son was born, Arjuna named his grandson Parikesit. Srikandi carried Parikesit into her tent. She put Parikesit on the bed. According to Prabu Kresna's advice, she put Pasopati arrow under Parikesit's feet to keep him safe.

 According to Prabu Kresna's advice, she put Pasopati arrow under Parikesit's feet to keep him safe