Part 13 Bisma

On the first day of the war from the Pandawa, Raden Wratsangka and Raden Utara were killed. They are both sons of King Matswapati, the king of Wirata who is also the great grandfather of the Pandawa and the Kurawa. How sad Resi Seta to see his younger siblings killed by King Salya and Rishi Durna. Prabu Salya was actually the uncle of the Pandawa himself because he was the older brother of Dewi Madrim, the mother of Nakula and Sadewa. However, because King Salya was the father-in-law of King Duryudana, he was forced to side with the Kurawa even though his heart was with the Pandawa. Resi Durna was the teacher of the Pandawa and the Kurawa who was also forced to side with the Kurawa because he was domiciled in Astina.

 Resi Durna was the teacher of the Pandawa and the Kurawa who was also forced to side with the Kurawa because he was domiciled in Astina

Until the twelfth day, the battle was even, sage Seta and sage Bhishma continued to fight without any of them winning. Until one day the sage Seta who was much younger than him successfully pushed him into the abyss. Sage Bhishma fell to Gangga river. 

When he felt like he was going to die, suddenly a soft voice sounded "Bhishma, my son.."

Goddess Gangga appears in an all-white dress. The beautiful woman hugged her son. Bhishma was the son of Goddess Ganga.

"Mother? Am I going to die here?"

"No son. I will give you Cucuk Dandang arrow. Use it to defeat your enemy." Dewi Gangga said, giving an heirloom arrow in the form of a crow's beak to her son.

"Thank you, mother." the sage Bhishma said who rushed back to the battlefield.

"Seta, face me." He said. He challenged the sage Seta.

"Where have you been Bhishma? I thought you were dead in the abyss."

Without saying much, sage Bhishma aimed Cucuk Dandang's arrow. Sage Seta was killed instantly with the arrow pierced through his chest. The Kurawa troops cheered to see the Pandawa's senopati was killed at the hands of the Bhishma sage. The death of the sage Seta sparked the anger of Prabu Kresna. He directed the Chakra arrow at the Bhishma sage.

"O, your majesty, I'm ready to die if you want it." the sage Bhishma said seeing the Cakra weapon pointed at him. Hearing this, Prabu Kresna's heart melted.

"Bhishma, you are outrageous. Your actions exceed the norms of decency. You said you were a sage but you killed people who did not wrong you. In the name of your oath, you killed Dewi Amba. You said that because you held fast to your oath. But your actions were beyond humanity, Bhishma. One day you will reap your karma," he said. After saying it, Prabu Kresna left, leaving silent Bhishma. He bowed down.

In the tent, the Pandawa and their allies mourned the death of their general.

"For Senapati tomorrow I will be the senopati," King Matswapati said angrily. He wanted to avenge the deaths of his sons.

All silent. Resi Bhishma was truly a powerful person. He was a disciple of Rama Bergawa, a very powerful sage who is famous in the universe. His mother was a goddess, Dewi Gangga, therefore, it was not surprising that from a young age no one can match his krida (skills).