Part 3 Archery

The sunshine shyly. The morning air was cold touching the skin. Srikandi immediately got up from the bed and took a shower. She then sat on a chair in the beautiful and picturesque Maduganda garden while combing her jet black, long and wavy hair with her fingers. She shook her hair to dry it quickly.

After it felt a little dry, Srikandi put her hair to her chest while continuing to comb. Her mind wandered to her country. She thought back to her fight with her father.

What are you doing father? Are you looking for me? Are you worried about me? I'm sorry, I had to leave without asking permission so that I could help you if an enemy came to attack our country. I want to improve my archery skill, father. I promise to study hard so I can come back soon. Will you forgive me? She thought to herself. She had never left the palace all her life. Her running made her sad. Tears ran down her soft cheeks.

Puk, Arjuna patted her back gently.

"What's the wrong yayi? Why are you crying?" Arjuna asked gently as he pulled up a chair and sat next to her.

"It's nothing, kangmas," Srikandi hastily wiped her tears and tried to smile. "It's still very early. Why are you here? Shouldn't you be having breakfast with mbakyu (older sister) Sumbadra ?"

"I want to be here with you. I've asked the punakawan to bring breakfast here," Arjuna replied while looking at her.

Ahh.. She sigh. Actually, she was uncomfortable with Arjuna's presence but she was unable to refuse because he was a teacher she had to respect.

"I think you must be ewuh pekewuh (uneasy) here. I want to support you." He said smiling seeing she looked awkward.

"Ow, yes, thank you sir." Srikandi answered slowly.

It wasn't long before the punakawan, Gareng, Petruk, and Bagong brought breakfast for them. This morning breakfast was a variety of porridge, both sweet porridge, and salty savory porridge. After placing the various porridges on the table, the punakawan withdrew, letting the two of them enjoy their meal.

"Let's have breakfast, yayi," Arjuna said gently. Seeing her silence, Arjuna took the initiative to get porridge for her.

"Yayi, you are a princess from a big kingdom. You are usually served by many emban (servants). There is no one here to serve you. Are you mad at me?" Arjuna asked breaking the silence.

"Oh, no, no, kangmas." Srikandi replied stuttering. "Please don't think that I'm a spoiled girl. I don't mind at all."

"You see yayi, you came secretly, without your father knowing. If I order the servants to serve you, I'm afraid that people will know that you are here. If that happens, I'm afraid your father will be angry with you. Likewise, my brother Prabu Puntadewa will be angry with me because I don't report your whereabouts to him. I'd better keep your whereabouts a secret first. If there's anything you need, just tell the punakawan, they'll take care of all your needs. How bout that? Do you agree?" Arjuna asked.