𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Valentina threw yet another glass through the window

Valentina threw yet another glass through the window. She could hear the shatter of the glass in the road and the screams of surprise of the unfortunate people in the street below. Kaz stood back and said nothing.

It was just the two of them in the room with no buffer in between them. He was well aware that Valentina was known to have a temper which is why he didn't say anything and just let her calm down.

After a couple minutes of silence between the two of them, Kaz said 'these spies, whoever they may be must be our new priority.'

Valentina looked at him intensely. Kaz thought he was seeing little flames dancing in her eyes. After a couple of seconds of silence Valentina spoke, 'I agree, Brekker. I hope you heard that well because I won't be repeating myself.'

Kaz rose an eyebrow as he looked at Valentina. 'What do you propose?' He said after getting over the initial shock of Valentina agreeing with him.

'First of all, I don't think we should tell anyone in our inner circle what has happened. No one is above suspicion,' said Valentina. Kaz's expression changed suddenly.

Of course he would have been unhappy with Valentina's words. Jesper and Inej were some of his closet, friends even, there was no other words to describe them. 

'Am I not above suspicion either?' Asked Kaz. Valentina did not take his remark into account and just move on.

'I think we need to move these conversations to a safer location, just you and me for now. Once we've cleared our inner circle from suspicion, we'll let them know where we've moved our meetings, I hope you can understand?'

'That sounds fair, where do you suggest we meet?'

'My father had a secret house for moments like these, the location is hidden somewhere in this office, I'll need to look for it,' she said, going to pour herself a drink.

She had barely had any of her drinks this evening as they had all seemed to end up on the street below.

'How long will that take?' Asked Brekker looking through the window, to get a glimpse of the time.

'A couple hours, at most,' she said.

Kaz looked at her, for a couple of seconds. They were both closed books, and hard to read so Valentina could not see what Kaz was thinking.

'Alright, I'll return to the crow club. I'll wait for you there. Don't give a message to anyone,' he said.

Valentina nodded her head in agreement. As she was about to open her mouth to speak, a knock filled the dead quiet room. They both looked at each in shock.

Valentina went to the door. When she opened it, Feodora and Theo were standing there. The trio all looked at each other, wondering who was going to speak first.