𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

t

t.w: blood, mentions of burns, fire, violence.

Feodora and Inej were the people trusted with this delicate situation of tailing Hiram  Schenck. She had Theoden deliver a message to Jesper, as they no longer trusted anyone who wasn't part of the inner circle.

She didn't see Feodora for the rest of the day as she was busy on assignment. She slept off the previous days challenges, and washed them off quickly after.

She finally felt fresh after days of feeling gross. She put on fresh clothes, a stunning black maxi skirt and a top that laced up in the back. Through Ketterdam she was known for her stunning figure. She likes it when heads turn to look at her. She feels even more powerful.

She needed to keep the appearances up so that the local people wouldn't get suspicious. There was already so much talk about the current situation of the gangs in Ketterdam that there was no need to add gasoline to the fire.

She made her way down the stairs, and made her usual rounds. She received warm greetings from many people. Members of the Dragons, visitors who had no idea who she was and then the drunk gamblers who come every night so they recognise her face, however intoxicated they might be.

She takes her time talking to her people, making sure people see her face. It's an hour later when she makes her way up to the bar to order her usual glass of kvas. However, she doesn't drink it here as she has spotted Theoden waiting by her office door. She picks it up, winking at the barman and makes her way upstairs.

'Have you been waiting long?' she asks him when she is within speaking reach.

'No don't worry but I'd love a drink,' he says reaching for her glass.

'No no, this is mine, you can pour yourself one inside,' she says unlocking the door.

That's what Theoden does as soon as he steps through the door. He grabs his glass and goes to sit in the chairs at the front of Valentina's desk.

'What's the plan boss?' he asks.

'We wait until we hear from the girls and then we will advise,' she says taking a sip of her glass. Suddenly a knock is heard on Valentina's office door. The pair look at each other confused as to who is at the door.

Valentina signals Theoden to go and open the door. Standing in the frame of the door is Roman. The young Dragon is covered in sweat.

Valentina scrunches her face in disgust.

'Yes?' she says.

'Uhhh...' he says.

'If you have anything to say, say it now otherwise I will have Theo slam the door in your face because you just disturbed a very important meeting,' she says, still sitting behind her desk.