Chapter 8

*** Slight NSFW in this chapter! ***

During the school break...

"What happened to Len? Is he really sick?" Miku asked Rin in concern.

"Hope not." Rin could only sigh. "Last night he went out late and ended up texting me that he'd spent his night with an old friend he happened to meet last night. Then this morning he said he got sick and had to take a couple days of sick leave at his friend's place."

"Did he actually go see a doctor? And what friend is he talking about? I thought we knew all his friends already?" Miku wasn't so sure about it.

"I'm sure he'll be fine~ He's a grown-up man after all." Rin then gazed over to Fukase, whom normally wouldn't even bother to look at them, however this time the redhead was staring at them. "Y-Yes Fukase?"

"..." Fukase only turned his head back without saying anything. He overheard Rin and Miku's conversation, but decided not to tell them what really happened to Len.

"... I told you, he's clearly still mad at us for what we did in the past..." Miku whispered to Rin; they both sighed heavily. "What can we do to make up for it?"

"You think we really have a chance?" Rin frowned hard. She wanted to be friends with Fukase too.

No longer paying attention to the girls, Fukase took out his phone and started browsing information online; he needed to know more on how to help people after their traumas...

Wait, help?

Why would he want to help Len? The boy who treated him badly when he was just a kid?

The redhead's hesitation faded away when his phone shown him a text he just received.

I cleaned the whole house already, anything else? – Len

"..." That's right. Fukase was supposed to return the blonde's favor by making him doing all the housework; that's the only reason why he agreed to let the small boy stay with him.

That should be the only reason.

That had to be.

Cook us dinner. – Fukase

Fukase put away his phone and lay his head to the desk, there's no need of him to be considerate when it comes to Len, no need at all.

And he knew he was right when he unlocked his home front door and found out the kitchen turned to a big mess.

"WHAT THE HELL?" The crimson boy was pissed. "I told you to make dinner, and you make a disaster!"