Chapter 3

|James pov|

I was talking to Remus, Sirius and Peter about everything.

"I can't believe she chose Malfoy over everyone else. I mean, seriously? Lucius Malfoy? Him?? He's not even charming or cute. I am all those things and way better than him. He's downright ugly. I didn't say what I thought to her, but seriously, Lucius? A Malfoy? Didn't Alastor mention that he may be a Death Eater in the last Order meeting?" I said, feeling upset. On the other hand, Sirius was reading the Daily Prophet and ignoring my crisis.

But then he said something shocking to me.

Sirius reads from the paper, "It says here that her marriage is arranged, so her fiancé didn't win her heart. It seems like this is happening too often these days. Pureblood families are arranging marriages left and right and urging their children to have kids immediately so that their bloodlines will be secure during this war." I grab the paper from him and see y/n standing beside her fiancé, looking blankly ahead. Suddenly, she smiles happily and leans her head on his arm, probably after they took the picture.

Thank Godric, I don't know why I'm happy she's not in love with him. But I feel so glad I still have a chance with her.

If I could convince her to leave her arranged marriage, which won't be hard, if she still has feelings for me, then it would be easy. I still have feelings for her and wonder if she still has feelings for me. We left sort of poorly, but we could have changed that. We didn't have to let that one thing break us apart, but we did, and it was so dumb, too, well, somewhat dumb.

Like, I get it. 

The miscarriage hurt us both, and we were teenagers, so we were emotional and couldn't handle the loss, especially when she was seven months pregnant. 

We had two months left until we met our son, the miscarriage, and we were so upset we started fighting, and then we broke up. 

'But I miss her so much, I miss y/n so much I will never fall out of love with her.'