Chapted 17

It had been a few weeks since you had last visited your parents, and today, you decided to visit them. However, you returned home early, feeling completely exhausted and drained. 

As you climbed up the stairs and opened the door to your bedroom, you were taken aback by the sight in front of you. Lucius was kissing someone passionately, and as you took a closer look, you recognized the person as Narcissa Black. 

They were lying naked in bed together, lost in their world of passion.

An average person should feel shocked to see their fiance with someone else. But you couldn't help but feel relieved. You sighed in relief as your engagement ring slipped from your finger and fell to the floor. A smile of contentment spread across your face, "Well, glad my mother told me to come home."

Lucius looked over, looking surprised. "You weren't supposed to be here yet. I told you to come home at a certain time," he said. And he had, but the only thing that could override the spell that made you do whatever Lucius said was your parents. Your mother had told you to go home and rest, so you did.

As you picked up the engagement ring from the floor, Lucius's face turned pale as his blond hair. "Well, thank Merlin, I caught you, so I don't have to marry you. This is the best day ever," you said, casting a spell to pack all your belongings.

"What?" he said, shocked at your words. 

Lucius stood there, dumbfounded, as you spoke the words that shattered his world. "Oh, Lucius. Did you really think I wanted to marry you?" you asked, your voice cold and cutting. "No, I can now be with James, the man I truly love." You turned your gaze to Narcissa, offering her a grateful smile. "Thank you so much for helping me see the truth." 

You took a step closer to Lucius, the anger and frustration evident in your tone. "I will be taking my child with me and raising them far away from you. You need to stay away from them, do you understand?" With that, you turned on your heel and strode away, leaving Lucius standing there in a state of shock. Did he convince himself you loved him? Because no, you don't

You turn to him one last time before leaving the bedroom door. "Thank you so much. Have a nice life," you say, once all your belongings are packed, including all the baby's stuff.

Lucius rushes downstairs, half-dressed, as you grab your suitcases to stop you.

"You can't leave! You are not allowed to." He tries to make you stay using a spell. But you point to the hand that used to hold your engagement ring, which shows that he has no control over you anymore.

"The ring fell off, and our arrangement is over. You cheated, and now I'm leaving. My parents already know what happened by now. Good luck with finding someone else to fool." You say confidently as you walk away, with your belongings following you.

Lucius yelled angrily, "Get back here now, or you'll regret it!" 

But now you're free. He can't control you anymore. 'I hope James will take me back.'