Toph x Aang (Part 8)

Zuko continued walking. “This is the worst field trip ever…” Toph muttered, blowing her bangs.

Everyone gathered at the steps as Appa landed. “Judging by the looks on your faces, I’m guessing you guys didn’t find Aang either.” Sokka said, hopping off the bison. Zuko spoke up, “no, it’s like he just disappeared.”

“Hey, wait a minute,” Toph sat up, “has anyone noticed that Momo is missing, too?” Sokka made a scared expression, “oh, no! I knew it was only a matter of time!” He opened the bison’s mouth, “Appa ate Momo!” Sokka announced.

“Momo, I’m coming for you, buddy!” Sokka crawled in Appa’s mouth in search of the flying lemur. “Sokka, Appa didn’t eat Momo. He’s probably with Aang.” Katara said, resting her cheek into her hand. Sokka turned to glare at his sister, “That’s just what Appa wants you to think!” Then he crawled further in.

Appa’s mouth closed around Sokka. “Get out of the bison’s mouth, Sokka.” Zuko grumbled, “We have a real problem here. Aang is nowhere to be found and the comet is only two days away.” Sokka grunted as he tried to wiggle free. “What should we do, Zuko?” Katara said, staring at Zuko. Everyone was staring at Zuko, except Toph of course.  

Sokka slid out of Appa’s mouth in a pool of spit. Zuko stood up, “I don’t know.” He looked at the three. “Why are you all looking at me?” Meanwhile, Sokka stood up and tried to brush spit off his clothes. “Well, you are kind of the expert on tracking Aang.” Katara pointed out.

“Yeah, if anyone’s got experience hunting the Avatar, it’s you.” Toph finally said. Zuko sighed and gave in. They were right after all. He was the most experienced.  

And so, they all got on Appa and began their search once more.

---------
A/n- sorry its kinda short. I've been busy and nearly forgot.

Hope you enjoyed!