Cabins & Midnight Beach Talks

Clary's pov

"Are you excited Clary?" My mother asked cheerfully.

We were driving to the Jace's lake house, and I was dreading it.

"Sure." I said to my mom and she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Don't worry Clary, you'll have fun." Luke said from the drivers seat.

I would have anything but fun. All I could think about is how awkward it was going to be seeing Jace and Sebastian. Last night Isabelle had called me saying that they both didn't know that they were both gonna ask me out. But apparently now they knew and they were gonna leave it up to me to decide.

Just great, I thought. How was I going to pick between them? And how could I crush the other ones heart?

After three hours of driving we finally reached the cabin. It was right on the lake, and I had to admit the view was beautiful. We were the last ones to arrive, everyone came to help us with our bags.

"Clary!" Isabelle exclaimed as she ran up and hugged me.

I said my hellos to everyone and I finally reached Jace and Sebastian. They were standing awkwardly beside each other looking at the ground. They were both wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

"Hey" I mumbled to the them.

"Hi" They said back with smiles and I managed a grin too.

We all walked up to the cabin- which was more of a mansion- and my mother, Luke and I, got settled in. I was sharing a room with Isabelle, which I didn't mind at all.

Then we all got changed into our bathing suits and went out by the lake. Isabelle and I laid on beach chairs, while Alec, Sebastian, and Jace went swimming in the lake.

"So have you made your decision?" Isabelle asked quietly.

I sighed. "No. I have no clue. I mean, I love both of them."

"Woah." Isabelle said sitting up." You love them?"

I blushed. "I think so."

Isabelle layed back down. "Your in a tough one sister." She said as she slid on her sunglasses.

"I know." I groaned.

"Don't sweat it though." She said. "You'll make your decision eventually."

"Yeah, but what they don't want me by then." I said worriedly.

Isabelle laughed. "I wouldn't worry about that, they seem to like you a lot."

I hope so I thought.

*************************************

Later that night I tossed and turned in my bed. I couldn't seem to fall asleep. I then had an idea. I grabbed my sketchbook and my pencil, and left the cabin.

I walked down to the beach where the lake water was gently lapping the sand, and sat down on a chair. I started to draw the scene in front of me. I was almost finished my drawing when I got interrupted.

"Couldn't sleep?" Jace said while coming and taking a seat beside me.

I sighed. "Yup."

"Me too." He said quietly.

"Look Clary, I'm sorry about yesterday. If I had known Sebastian was going to ask you too, I wouldn't have asked." Jace said.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. I'm just confused right now." I replied honestly. "I'm also afraid that I'll make the wrong decision."

"Well whatever one it is, neither of us will hold it against you." Jace said.

"Thank you." I said to him and I rested my head on his shoulder.

Jace didn't say anything, he just rested his head against mine and we stayed like that for a long time.