Apologies & Mysteries

Clary's pov

The weekend had been horrible. All I could think about were Jace's hurtful words to me. About an hour after I left the party he texted me saying sorry, but I never responded.

Currently, I was sitting in English and Jace would not stop trying to talk to me.

"Red I said I was sorry like a million times." He says, and Ignore him.

"I didn't mean what I said." He continues.

"Whatever." I finally say.

"Is that a "I forgive you" whatever?" He asks smirking a bit.

"No. Why do you even care if I forgive you or not?" I say to him glaring.

He opens his mouth to say something, but then closes it. " I don't know Red, it just does. So please forgive me."

I rolled my eyes. I realized that he wouldn't stop bugging me until I said yes. " Fine, I forgive you." I say.

He smirks and looks away from me.

"Mr. Morgenstern, for the last time can you please stop talking to Ms. Lightwood while I'm trying to teach a lesson?" Mr. Thompson suddenly said frustrated.

"Sorry." Sebastian says.

"Can you please go and sit beside Clary. Hopefully that will stop your talking." Mr. Thompson says and he goes back to teaching.

Sebastian gets up and comes and sits beside me. Oh god I'm between him and Jace.

Sebastian leans over to me. "I don't know how he thinks this is going to stop me from talking." He whispers and I giggle a bit.

Jace's head snaps over in our direction and he glares at Sebastian. Sebastian doesn't seem to notice though, how odd I think.

Then Jace leans over to me. "Looks like your having some pretty good luck Red." He says coldly.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Sebastian is sitting beside you. We all know your in love with him." Jace says kind of bitterly.

I immediately go into a coughing fit.

"Are you okay Ms. Fray?" Mr. Thompson asks me.

"I'm fine." I say still coughing a bit.

When Mr. Thompson goes back to teaching, I lean over to Jace.

"I don't love him." I whisper defensively.

"Well you have a crush on him don't you." He says.

"That's none of your business." I say while glaring at him.

Jace chuckled dryly. "You are hard to figure out Red."

"Maybe there's nothing to figure." I say.

He looks at me for a moment. "There's always something to figure when it comes to you."