1. Memento Mori

~THIRD PERSON P.O.V

One year later...

Ten hours until dawn...

"Today is the one-year anniversary of the dreadful tragedy that took place on Mount Washington. Sheriff Annie Cline who was in charge of the investigation..."

A bus was driving by a forest on the way to BlackWood Mountain, or Washington Mountain. Inside, was Samantha Giddings, or Sam, listening to the radio broadcast on her phone.

"Thanks for having me, Marty,"

"-Listeners an update on Hannah and Beth Washington, the Washington twins. And Violet Blight, who are all still missing-"

"One year ago tonight, the Washington girls, along with Miss. Blight, left the safety of the Washington's lodge and headed out into a snowstorm-"

"-Foul play?"

"Not officially, no. There is one individual we're considering as a person of interest but his whereabouts are currently unknown. He has an interesting history with the Washington family... He warned them against their construction project and claimed the land was sacred to his forefathers,"

"You know, there is still the old Sanitorium on the mountain. Could he be hiding there?"

"My officers did search the grounds but... The girls themselves couldn't have made it that far-"

"Something about that mountain seems to breed tragic events,"

"More than you know, Marty,"

"Well, thank you for joining us, Annie... To all the Washingtons tonight... Their son Josh... Also the Blight family... And their... Riley... The anniversary of the mysterious disappearance of Hannah and Beth Washington, and Violet Blight,"

Sam sighed sadly before she clicked up to the video that Josh sent out to her and the rest of the group. "Well, hello friends and fans... Alright, let's do that again..." Josh muttered before he adjusted the camera and stepped back.

"Alright. Well, hello friends and fans! It's beyond awesome to have you guys all back this year. Um, first off, I gotta say, I am super excited to welcome all my pals back to the annual Blackwood winter getaway!" Josh said before he cheered slightly before chuckling.

"So, um... Let me just let you know, let's take a moment to address the 'elephant in the room'  for a second... I know you're all probably worried about me, and I know it's gonna be tough on all of us going back after what happened last year. But... I just want you all to know... It means... So much to me that we're doing this. And I... I know it would mean so much to Hannah, Beth, and Violet that we're all still here together, thinking of them. I really want to spend some quality time with each and every one of you and share some moments that we'll never forget. For... the sake of my sisters and... Our friend, you know? Okay... So! Let's party like we're fucking porn stars, okay? And make this one a trip we will never forget, alright? Yes!" Josh said before the video ended.

Sam smiled sadly before she turned off her phone and looked out the window.

After another 10 minutes, the bus stops at the bottom of Blackwood Mountain. "Thank you," Sam thanked the bus driver before she got out, and the bus drove away.

She walked towards the gate as two people appeared nearby, both holding a knife. She opened the gate and walked into the grounds.

Sam

Hannah's best friend

-Diligent

-Considerate