Chapter 6 - The Mattress

Liam’s P.O.V.

9:00 P.M.-Tuesday-January 1, 2013

            Zayn hadn’t said anything to me all day; he’s just given me sly glances and smiles in between watching me read. I didn’t know what to do, or what to think, because that kiss had me  feeling strange things and wanting more. I already thought that he was extremely good looking, but now, my mind was just wondering too much about him. After his lips have moved with mine, moved against mine, it was hard to get the feeling out of my head. It also brought up a bunch of other questions. Was Zayn gay? Was it a friendly thing? It couldn’t have been friendly thought…it had felt so…intimate.

            We were all settling into our beds, about to sleep. I loved having a bed next to Zayn’s, it made me feel a lot better and safer than I ever have.

            “Liam?” He finally spoke to me in a hushed whisper as the lights were turned out. Our beds were close to the windows and the moonlight flooded the room, lighting up his face brilliantly when I looked at him. “I didn’t freak you out last night, did I?”

            I shook my head, my eyes widening when he addressed the topic head on.

            “Good,” He smiled, “Because it was the best New Years Kiss I have ever had,”

            My heart hurt a little, figuring out that he had kissed other people on New Years before. Maybe I wasn’t as special as I thought.

            “Liam?”

            I looked back to him again.

            “So, you aren’t mad at me?” He asked.

            I shook my head no again.

            He just smiled and the reached out with his hand, stroking my fingertips that was lying on my pillow. It sent little sparks rushing through my body and up my arm. I enjoyed every last second of it. He pulled his hands away all too quickly, and then winked.

            “G’night Liam,” Zayn mumbled, “Sleep tight,”

            I rolled over, so I was facing the wall, yet I knew that Zayn was still staring at me, like he did every night. It probably sounded creepy, but I found it comforting, knowing that he was watching over me. I loved it; he was like my guardian angel. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but the spring from my mattress was still sticking into my back, causing a shooting pain to head straight up my spine. I whined a bit to myself and rolled over multiple times, trying to get comfortable.

            “Liam?” Zayn said softly. I forgot that he had been watching me. I turned to look at him, once again, and this time his eyes were full of worry, “Are you okay?”

            I nodded and blushed, a bit embarrassed with myself. Suddenly Zayn was standing next to my bed pulling me from the mattress. When he saw the broken spring—that I had been hiding from the others with a spare blanket—his eyes widened.