Chapter 22 - Something Unexpected and New

Liam’s P.O.V.

            I told them to take him to the hospital, but Mr. and Mrs. Watson insisted that their personal nurse would be able to handle it. But what if she couldn’t? What if Zayn died right in front of my eyes because he needed some special medicine, and they didn’t have it here? Or what if he just…what if…

            My thoughts were fumbling around my head and I couldn’t think straight. Why did this have to happen as soon as I got him back?

            “Liam,” Mrs. Watson said, “He’ll be okay,”

            I was sitting outside of a small nurse room, that was on the first floor of the house. Zayn was behind that door right now getting examined. What if he wasn’t okay? I wanted to see him. I needed to see him.

            “I-I-I-I w-w-want t-to s-s-s-see Z-Zayn,” I stuttered pathetically, looking down to me feet. Mrs. Watson sighed and sat beside me.

            “Liam, honey, he’ll be alright. It was nothing too serious. He was probably just overwhelmed,”

            I didn’t answer.

            Finally, the door opened.

            “He’s fine,” The nurse said, “However, I don’t think he has eaten in a few days,”

            I stood up, and ran into the room before anyone could say anything else. Zayn was awake now, looking around the expensively decorated room, his eyes absorbing what was around him. I stopped right in front of him, staring at his body hungrily. I hadn’t seen him in such a long time, I just wanted to take an hour and look at his flawless body.

            “Liam,” He mumbled, a smile on his face. I fell into his arms yet again.

            “F-F-Food,” I said, looking up to him and then dragging him out of bed, smiling to find he was only in his boxers. “Y-You h-h-hungry?”

            “A bit,” Zayn smiled. I raised my eyebrows at him, giving him a look. He sighed and then smiled again, “Yeah, I’m starving,”

            I moved my fingertips against his hand and then nodded, leading him out and towards the kitchen. Once we were there, I held my hands out in front of me and gestured to all of the food he could eat. It hurt me to think that he hadn’t eaten for a few days, and even in that small amount of time, it was visible on his body. Everything about him looked like it was wasting away. But I guess he had been living on the streets, so what did I expect?

            “I should get dressed first,” Zayn said, blushing when he realized he was still not clothed. I shook my head playfully and pushed myself into his bare skin, loving the heat radiating from his body.

            “Mmm,” I moaned, nuzzling his bare chest.