Chapter 18 - Welcome To Your New Home

Liam’s P.O.V.

It had been years since I had ridden in a car. Everything felt so foreign. Plus, my mind was still swimming with the feeling of Zayn wrapping his arms around me. I had missed it so much. But now I was leaving, and I would probably never experience it again.

“Liam, I think you’re going to like your new home,” Mrs. Watson said from the front seat, smiling back at me. I nodded and tried to smile back. I needed to make sure they understood how much they already mean to me. Just taking me out of St. Xavier’s and telling me that they wouldn’t hit me was the best thing that had happened to me in a long time.

“You’re room is on the second floor, and the entire right wall is a window,” Mr. Watson continued, “We also have a game room next door and a home theater in the basement,”

My eyes widened slightly. They must be rich. Filthy rich if they could afford all of that.

“We can go out and buy you some clothes tonight, too,” Mrs. Watson said, reaching back and rubbing the fabric of my coat in between her fingers. I smiled a bit. I hadn’t been shopping for clothes since I was eleven.

Finally, the car pulled into a long driveway, and Mr. Watson drove down the black pavement. There were a few trees around, and I strained my neck to see where we were going. The car pulled in front of a large black gate, and the Mr. Watson stopped the car, rolling down his window. A man stood at the gate, even in the frosty weather, and walked over to the car.

“Good day, Mr. Watson,” He said. Then he looked to the passenger’s side, “Mrs. Watson.”

“Hello, Nicholas.” Mr. Watson smiled. The man at the gate, ‘Nicholas’, walked over to the side and pressed a button, making the large black gates open. Mr. Watson began driving again, and the trees on the sides of the driveway began thinning out, and soon, a huge white house came into view. But it wasn’t really a house, it was a mansion.

“Y-Y-You l-live h-here?” I asked, completely shocked and in awe.

Mrs. Watson smiled, “Yes, this is home,”

The car pulled off to the side, and then into the garage, parking next to two sports cars and a family friendly van.

“Alright, let’s go see your new home,” Mr. Watson smiled.

It was amazing. Everything. I had never seen such luxury, much less, be able to live in it. Mr. and Mrs. Watson had it all. The indoor swimming pool and hot tub, the home theater, the huge black and white kitchen, the spiral staircase, the flat screen TV, and even butlers and maids who ran around doing chores.

This wasn’t a place for me.

This was no home for a dirty stuttering orphan.

I forze in my tracks during the grand tour, and Mrs. Watson looked at me worriedly.

“Are you okay sweetie?” She asked.

“I-I c-c-can’t live h-here,” I said ashamadely.

“What are you talking about, Liam? Of course you can, this is your new home,” She smiled.

“B-But, H-Harry and L-L-Louis, a-a-and N-Niall…Z-Z-Zayn,” I began to cry, I just couldn’t contain myself. Why did I get so lucky? Why did I get sent here, and why did they have to stay in that hell hole?

“I’m sorry, Liam,” She said, “We couldn’t adopt all of your friends,”

She seemed genuinely sorry and upset about the situation, so I’ll give her some credit for that. But they had it all. Why couldn’t they just let my friends move in too? Why wasn’t she allowed to adopt all of us? They had plenty of room here.

“I-Is i-i-t b-because of Z-Zayn and m-m-m-me?” I cried.

Mrs. Watson didn’t answer, instead, she swept me up in her arms, becoming the only motherly figure I have had in six years.

“Honey, Mr. Wilson from the orphanage told us we could only adopt you. He didn’t want any of the other boys coming with you,” She said.

The tears were pouring down my cheeks now, “W-Why? A-Am I t-t-that disgusting? I-I’m s-s-sorry…” I couldn’t control myself. They were probably thinking about taking me back now and telling the orphanage that I was emotionally unstable.

“Shh,” She cooed, “Liam, if you’re that upset, we’ll get your friends,”

“R-R-Really?”

“Really,” She said, looking over to Mr. Watson and nodding, “But I don’t know how long it will take.”

I paused, why were they so nice to me? Was this a trick? I couldn’t understand this.

“Why a-a-are y-y-you s-so nice to m-m-me?” I asked, completely stumped.

“Liam,” Mr. Watson said, “I was an orphan when I was your age. In fact, I lived at St. Xavier’s. I know what it’s like to live there, to grow up there. When I saw you, I kind of saw myself, and how helpless and terrible I felt. I just knew I needed to save you,”

I paused taking this in. Were there really good people in the world? Mr. And Mrs. Watson were becoming my only living proof.

“B-But,” I stuttered, “I-I’m…I’m n-n-not n-normal,”

“What do you mean?” They asked together.

“I’m g-g-gay,”

Instead of hitting me, or yelling, or telling me I was disgusting, they simple smiled. And then Mrs. Watson said, “Zayn is a good guy,”

My heart swelled and I couldn’t help but to smile.

“You d-d-don’t t-think I-I’m g-gross?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. They shook their heads no.

“It makes you unique,”

Those words rang out for a moment, and I suddenly remembered the day that Zayn came to the orphanage, and he told me those words, referring to my stutter. He thought it made me unique, and he ended up being my guardian angel. Maybe if these people thought the same, I would really be saved, once and for all.

Zayn’s P.O.V.

I couldn’t live here anymore. Without Liam, it was pointless. Sure, I still had Harry, Louis, and Niall, but I still didn’t quite fit in. Griffin still beat me, and now, I didn’t even fight back. Without Liam, I had nothing worth fighting for. Harry said I needed to protect myself, or else Griffin may end up killing me. But that actually didn’t sound too bad.

My heart had never felt so broken, not even after my family died. I no longer had a purpose.

So I came to the one logical solution.

Run away.

I heard Harry talking about a kid running away when they were younger. He said that the boy made it out and was never seen again. If I could do that, then maybe I could live on the streets. I’m seventeen, I can handle myself. Plus, I had plenty of money. I would be fine.

So I decided that I was going to run away.

Because life here without Liam, wasn’t a life at all.

______________________________________________________________________

I didn't really read this over, so if there are mistakes, I can fix them later.....haha :)

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Let me know!
I love reading your comments.

This story will probably have around 25 chapters, just letting you know....

Okies!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN/FOLLOW!

:)