Chapter 4 - Watching Him Read

Harry’s P.O.V.

            As soon as Zayn was taken away for punishment, Liam freaked out.

            “W-We h-have to g-g-go help h-him,” He managed to say after a moment or two. I looked at Liam in surprise and disbelief, because, this is Liam we are talking about, little stuttering and adorable Liam who likes to follow the rules and live life in solitude and peace.

            “What do you want me to do?” I asked, “Jump in front of the belt and say ‘it was really me that punched Griffin, please ignore the bruising on Zayn’s hand?’”

            Liam looked down at his feet and bit his lip, becoming quiet again. Alright, that may have been a bit too harsh.

            “Look Liam,” I said a little bit gentler, “I already love Zayn and all, but if he’s going to live here, he needs to learn how to live like us, and how to act like us. He should have really watched his mouth and just told Sister Lynn what he did. It would have been easier,”

            Liam choked out what sounded like a suppressed sob, and then walked quickly from the room—we had all finished dressing now.

            “Now you’ve done it, Hazza,” Louis muttered jumping into his bed and shaking his head. I groaned.

            “I didn’t mean to make him cry,” I said, feeling guilty.

            “Well,” Niall said, “You did,”

            “Shut up, Niall,” I said, grabbing my pillow and hitting him in the face with it. I hit him a little harder than I should of and it sent his small frame tumbling backwards. He just giggled when he caught himself, looking up at me with his big blue eyes and his child-like face.

            “You’re strong,” He smirked. I just rolled my eyes and headed into the hallway, after Liam.

            But where did he go?

            I headed down the hall, towards the small linens closet. Liam went in there a lot, even though he was seventeen. He was still always seeking solitude, and the linen closet was a perfect place to do so. He had even snuck a small lamp in there a few years ago so he could read. When I arrived at the chipped wooden door I knocked, knowing Liam was definitely in there, because I could see the light streaming out under the door.

            “Liam,” I spoke gently against the worn wood, “C’mon Li, let’s go find Zayn and make sure he’s okay, yeah?”

            There was no answer.

            “I’m really sorry, Liam. I didn’t mean to upset you, mate. Please come out,” I said, this time, knocking my fingers tips over the wood. After another moment, the door cracked open slightly. Liam was standing up, his face stained with tears. “Liam? C’mon, mate,”