chapter 1

"Madison! Hurry up I'm driving you to school today!" My older brother Landon called to me.

"Kay!" I yelled back down the stairs. I quickly brushed throught my brown hair and placed it into a high ponytail. It looked slightly bushy yet still presentable.

I looked at my outfit in the mirror which was black skinny jeans, a grey v-neck and a blue and white plaid flannel. I fixed my blue lokai bracelet a little and slipped on a ring. I placed on my black and white high-top converse and headed downstairs to meet with Landon.

I grabbed a granola bar saying goodbye to my older brother Christian as he got ready for work. I headed towards the door as Landon honked the horn signaling me to hurry up. I got into our black jeep as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Are Avery and the girls sleeping over tonight?" Landon asks me.

"Yeah, are you heading to Cameron's house tonight for that party?" I asked and he nodded in response.

" Yeah but do you know if Christian is heading out with Addison tonight? He's not going to let me go so I have to make sure." Landon said.

"Yeah, they're going out for a late dinner a couple hours away so he's crashing at Addisons." I answered as he nodded in response. The school was about a 12 minute drive on an average day like today.

I looked though my phone to see I got a text from the group.

*Texts*

Avery: where you at Madi?

Payton: yeah, Jacob is annoying the crap out of me.

Jacob: stfu, at least I didn't freaking fall asleep on the floor 😂 *cough cough* Andrea.

Avery: 😂 no foreal, you almost here?

Me: yeah, 5 minutes

Mason: deuces , gotta wake up Andrea

Payton: meet up same spot

Kayden: see chu soon

Me: Kay.

Kayden: Den.

*end of texts*

I laughed at Kayden's responce as Landon pulls up into the parking stall that we usually get and I pack up all my stuff absolutely not ready at all for this day.

Thank you lord Jesus Christ it was Friday.

"Hey Madi" Mason greets me as I enter "our spot" also known as the picnic tables on the main field.

We have a group of friends that don't really have a label. Yeah, those kind of people. We're known by many but we don't exactly know them. We have about 7 people in our group. Mason Rodriguez, Jacob Maverick, Kayden Smith, Payton Cage, Andrea Wolf, Avery Williams, and last and very much least me, Madison Pierce.

"Hey, we still hanging today?" I ask the group. They nodded a few "yeahs" going around.

"Where we going though?" Andrea asked.

"We can just hang at mines?" I suggested.

"Yeah sure" Avery smiled.

*Bell*

"Leggo" I said grabbing onto Avery and Jacob. We had the same home room and I had most of my classes with at least one person from the group .

I took a seat in the back with Jacob to my right and Avery to my left as the rest of the class started packing in. I looked over at Avery to see she was literally drooling. I nudged Jacob and he looks at Avery and laughs a little.

She was staring at one of the boys from the "popular group" at school. Also known as Calum Hood. The girls that hung out with him were sluts and would do anything to hook up with one of the guys. They've even tried to hook up with Kayden. It's was quite funny though because he laughed at them and told them to "fuck off".

"Calums looking at you" Jacob said. I snapped out of my trance of ranting and looked over at Calum. He was looking straight at me and his big brown eyes were just, pitty. Why was he giving me pitty?

"Uh, hey Calum, do you need something?" I laughed a little bit as things got awkward real fast.

"No, I'm good thanks though" he smiled turning around to face the front.

~

"Hey" I greeted my friends sitting down at the lunch table. I just came from math with Avery and Payton. We were apparently "advanced" in math so we had to take an honors math class.

"Hey" Mason greeted back as everyone just smiled.

"Party at my place Saturday night" Said a boy behind me placing a blue flyer on our lunch table. I turned around to see Luke Hemmings. The schools idol apparently and I had no idea why. He smiled at our group and I swear I saw a flash then walked away.

"Party at Luke's? I'm in" Mason smiled as Andrea agreed. They've always been the wildest of the group.

"Uhm, I'm not sure if my brothers would let me." I said.

"Psh, Landon seems like he's going" Payton said pointing over at my brother and his group of friends. They were looking at the flier and highfiving each other.

"I guess." I said. I looked over at everyone else and they looked like they were into it.

"So girls, you sleeping over then we'll get ready at my place?" I asked.

"yesssss I'm excited! I love our sleepovers" Andrea smiled.

"yeah can we start season 4 for American Horror Story? I've been really wanting to get into it." Avery said.

"Yeah totally, I've got Netflix all set up" I smiled.

"Man I wish I was girl. Girl sleepovers seems way more fun than guy sleepovers" Kayden said and we all laughed.

"What do guys do at sleepovers?" Payton asked. Mason shrugged.

"Idk, just chill and play video games I guess." He answered as we nodded.

"Boys are so boring" I answer laughing a bit.

"Oh yeah? What do girls do at sleepover?" Jacob asked smirking.

"You want a list?" I answer giggling a bit. His eyes widened

"You guys have lists?" He laughed a bit.

"Do you not?"

"Nope, just do whatever comes in mind."