chapter 5

"What are you doing in here?"

I turned around quickly too come face to face with blue eyes , inches away. This is a bad spot to be in right now oh my.

"Oh, sorry. I was just looking for a bathroom." I said trying to wipe my eyes which still had a bit of tears.

"I'm sorry if I was being too persistent down there." Luke said looking at me.

"It's fine , I usually choke up like that speaking of that topic." I answered hoping he didn't feel too bad.

"Was it true?" I asked all of a sudden.

"What is?" Luke asked obviously confused.

"Uhm, about you treating girls like shit and stuff and cheating on them." I asked. I was being a bit rude but it was only so I wouldn't get hurt like before.

"I mean , yeah I've cheated on a girl before but like I've never intentionally wanted to. Both times, I was drunk and had 100% no idea what was going on." He answered. I nodded still worried about what was going to happen tomorrow.

"If you still need a bathroom, there's one right there. " He said pointing to a door to the right corner of his room.

"Thanks, you can head downstairs if you want." I said walking towards the bathroom. I walked in looking at myself in the mirror. Thank god I wore waterproof make up or I'd look like complete shit right now. I wiped tissues under my damp eyes and fixed my hair a bit before exiting the bathroom.

"Hey , you're still here?" I said confused to why Luke was here. Was he waiting for me?

"Well, this is kinda my room." He said laughing pointing out the obvious. I rolled my eyes at him playfully and sat by him on the bed.

"I don't really want to go back downstairs to the party." He said.

"Why?"

"Nothing much to do. Typical highschool parties aren't as fun as they make it seem in like movies and stuff" He huffed. That was true though.

"Do you wannah stay up here with me?" He asked. Well, I could get to know him better to see how he really is before I actually go on this "date" with him tomorrow.

"Yeah , sure." I said smiling.

"Okay , sure . What should we talk about?" He said laughing at how awkward we were.

"Well , you play the guitar?" I said once I saw the stunning black and white electric guitar next to a beautiful typical acoustic guitar.

" Erm, yeah I mean kinda. " He said scratching the back of his neck.

" Can you play something? " I asked walking over and grabbing the acoustic guitar and giving it to him.

"I mean , I guess but I'm not very good. "

"You'll be fine c'mon " I said persuading him before he smiled.

" What song? "

"Do you know, By Now? By Maraians Trench? " I asked. That song is just amazing.

"Duh , I love Josh Ramsay." He laughed. Starting to strum his guitar which sounded like heaven above.

How've you been? Can I come in?
Just came to get my things and then I guess I'm leaving.
If I could say what you'd like to hear
I'd whisper in your ear it's only temporary
But I've been taking you for granted

And I thought you'd feel the same as me
It's time that I come clean, but
But for now can we just both pretend to sleep
Sometimes the one you want is not the one you need
What goes around don't come around
You should know me by now

Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than
I should know you as well
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than,
You should know me by now

Our talk is small, I'm seven inches tall
And you should keep the apartment
So here's my keys, changed all the bills
We're only built to spill and wonder where the heart went
And you've been taking me for granted.

And I thought you'd feel the same as me
It's time that I come clean, but
But for now can we just both pretend to sleep
Sometimes the one you want is not the one you need
What goes around don't come around
You should know me by now

Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than
I should know you as well
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than,
You should know me by now

I know that I remember you
I think that you remember me too
How can one of us still feel blessed when the other one's lost
I know you've got to feel the change
It just gets worse when it stays the same
How can one of us still feel blessed when the other one's so lost

By now

Sometimes the one you want is not the one you need
What goes around don't come around
Don't you know me by now?

Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than,
I should know you as well
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than, better than, better than
You should know me
Better than,
You should know me by now

And with that, Luke finished the song and honestly, he sounded so freaking amazing that I was speechless.

" I know , I'm not good you can admit it. " He said. What?! Is he kidding?! He sounds like an Angel! I quickly shook my head.

"No Luke! You were amazing!" I said still in shock on how good he was and how open his voice sounds when he sings.

"Nah, not really." He said smiling to himself.

"So, that date tomorrow? Where we going?" I asked.

"Uhm, that's for me to know and for you to find out." He said teasing me.

"Ugh, Luke. All I know is you could drag me into the woods and rape me." I said out of complete seriousness.

"Dude" He said confused yet still on the verge of laughing. I just shrugged bursting out into laughter.

"Should we go and meet back up with the party?" I suggested. He nodded as we both walked out of the room.

"Where did you guys go? Were playing Truth or Dare!" Was the first thing Calum said as we reached downstairs into the previous room we were in.

"What's with all of these cliché party game?" I asked Luke.

"Calum's very cliché. In fact, we call him cliché Calum due to all of the things he does like, whenever we have a party, we always have to play the same 3 games and some others which are Truth or Dare, Never Have I Ever, and 7 Minutes in Heaven." He explained.

"Oh lord." I stated worried at how these games would turn out. Most of the movies I've seem either have 1 of the 3 games and all of them consist of crying, hooking up, break ups, and last but not least, the police.

"Yup." He nodded as we entered the room where the same people were in sitting In a circle with a beer bottle in the middle. This oughta be good.