Chapter 8

The next morning, I woke up dreading the fact that I had to wake up for school. Although I loved seeing all of my friends, the fact that is was just school killed me.

My phone to my room read 6:30. Today, I was catching a ride with Avery. She had a white jeep much like mines. We usually left our houses by 7 wanting to usually catch breakfast at Starbucks or something.

I sighed pulling myself out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I pulled out my face wash and did my usual routine taking off my retainer and brushing my teeth. I walked out of my bathroom, and went into my closet.

I pulled out a plain maroon pocket tee and a pair of black denim shorts. I put it on my bed and sat at my desk in front of my mirror. I took out my hair brush and pulled out the hair tie in my hair and started brushing through it. My hair was a nice wavy for which I was thankful for and changed into my school outfit for the day.

By now, it was seven and I was supposed to be by Avery's now saying by the fact we still had to pick up Jacob.

I walked downstairs to see Landon and Christian having breakfast.

"Aren't you off today? It's Monday?" I asked Christian. He nodded as he swallowed his cereal.

"Oh yeah, Addison is coming for dinner tonight by the way." He said. I nodded once again grabbing a couple granola bars and putting them into my bag.

"And did you want me to make dinner?" I asked already know the answer. He nodded sheepishly and I rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"Lasagna please" He said.

"I'm catching a ride with Avery so don't wait up! See you at school!" I said running out the door.

I was met by Avery and Aidan already walking outside towards her car where I immediately ran to the passenger seat before Aidan. Aidan was Avery's twin brother. How ironic. 2 of them. Aiden was not only hot but, he was captain of the football team.

"You suck Madison" He pouted laughing before tossing his bag in the back seat. I hopped into the car along with Avery greeting her.

"Jacob said to pick him up." I told her and she nodded.

~

*At School*

"Aloha Amigos" I said greeting my friends.

"Did you just?" Kayden asked. And I nodded.

"Be multi cultural? I very much did." I said smiling handing them each a cup of coffee. They thanked Avery and I before we hung out at our spot on the picnic tables.

"So what's the plans today?" Avery asked.

"Christian is having Addison over for dinner so you can join us if you want." I told her and she nodded. With that, the bell had rung signaling for us to go to homeroom.

Jacob , Avery, and I stood up parting ways with everyone as we walked to homeroom. We took our usual seats in the back when we saw Calum sitting in front of me as usual. He smiled at us then looked at Avery where she immediately blushed.

We took our seats and Calum turned around just looked at me patiently.

"So?!" He said eagerly.

"So what?" I laughed.

"How was your date with Luke?!" He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I was taken back at his words but then blushed as I processed what he had said.

"Oh. It was good." I said smiling.

"Really? Just good?" He said his eyes thinning of a playful annoyance.

"Well, uhm we ate at a picnic and then we hung out at a lake." I said. Calums smile grew but then faded right after and turned around not saying another word. What's with him?

The tardy bell rung and everyone had their eyes on the tv when everyone had to say the belief statement that was made by our school. After that, news about school blah blah, periods of the day, blah blah prom blah bla- wait. Prom?

"Did they say prom?" I whispered to Avery. She nodded.

"Yeah, April 22" She said. It was currently March 14. Prom? When they news ended, I started with English with Andrea, Ashton, Calum, and Luke.

For the rest of homeroom, we were lectured blah blah swearing, inappropriate blah. Finally, when the bell rang, I walked over to my 1st pd. of the day with Calum where Andrea was already saving a seat for me.

"Hey" I said greeting her trying to put my stuff down. She looked up at me and smiled pulling my chair out for me. Our tables were in groups of 5 which was really weird considering we were seniors in high school.

It was usually just us 2 sitting at this table but apparently the tables have turned to the fact Calum and Ashton had placed their stuff down to the table in front of me.

"Uh, hey Ash." I said greeting him.

"Hey Madi! Hey Andrea!" He greeted happily his dimples showing. With that, Luke had walked into the room looking over at our table.

Me being me, I was going to invite him to sit with us at our table but I guess he has other plans. He gave us a glance furrowing his eyebrows at Ashton and Calum before sitting at another table with Shannon and her "posse" of walking slut bags.

"What's with Luke? He looks pissed." I said to Ashton. He shrugged before looking over at Luke who was glancing all around the room.

"He's probably just grumpy or something." He said. I nodded and brushed it off. Did I do something?

"Okay Class! Let's get started!" Our English teacher Mrs. Ancheta had told us. She was a nice lady who was chill if you were basically.

"We have prom coming up and I guess it wouldn't hurt to talk about it right?" She started. Shannon immediately gasped and stood up.

"Mrs.Ancheta! Can I say something?" She said.

"Very well Shannon." Mrs said hand gesturing towards the class.

"Everyone, vote for me as prom queen because well, why not?" She said happily before sitting back down.

"cocky bitch." I muttered under my breath. Calum, Ashton, and Andrea looked at me laughing before getting scolded my Mrs for my language.