Ch.7 "Destiny Is With Us"

24 March 1984

Through Duff's Eyes

No sooner had i lied down on the bed, than i felt asleep. Before the crack of dawn while i was sleeping i heard someone shouting. Voice was too near, it was Skylar who shouted. Then i understood that something is wrong. I went as fast as i could so as to see what was happening.

She was having a real bad nightmare. I tried to wake her up as calm as i could in order not to scare her more.

"Skylar! Wake up!" Pushed and shaking her gently to wake her up.

"ARIEL!" She screamed loudly and jumped.

"Skylar! Skylar! Calm down, everything is alright! I'm here! You're safe!" I was on my knees holding her shoulders

"Skylar! Skylar! Calm down, everything is alright! I'm here! You're safe!" I was on my knees holding her shoulders. Tears ware running from bright eyes of her and she was breathing heavily.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up!"

"Fuck me! Are you okay?"

"No I'm not. I never was and i will never be!". She was really tearful. I hate to see her sad. I'll do everything to make her happy, not only now, but forever.

"Come here!" I sat next to her and opened my hands to give her a warm hug. I know she needs it, i need it too.

She hugged me tightly somehow crying

She hugged me tightly somehow crying. My heart was going to explode. I was in the right place.

"Can you make it stop please? I can't bear this anymore!"

"Stop what? I"ll do whatever is possible"

"End this nightmare. I'm tired"

"Oh! I wish i could. What kind of nightmare is?

"The reason why my sister died but it's like i'm responsible for everything!"

Oh shit! This is tough! How can i soothe the pain?

"Shhh... Try not to think about it. Try to escape from your thoughts. Close your eyes and think about something completely different."

"I'm trying but i can't see any difference. I wanna close my eyes and never open them again".