Ch 29 "Key 🔞"

31rst March 1985

Through Duff's Eyes

Skylar finally returned home some days ago after almost two weeks. She looks a little bit suspicious. She acts somehow weird these days.

Anyway, lately i think the band is finding its way. Maybe right way.

To the right of our space was another one being used by a band called Johnny and Jaguars.
For five guys to experience all those turns as the same time and react in the same way was almost impossible.
Sometime Johnny and Jaguars broke up. I admit they were awful. They were not a great band. But they were a nice bunch of guys. We met Dizzy Reed, their keyboardist. (Duff's book "It's So Easy And Other Lies pg.92 *some changes*)

Almost everyone of my band were using heroin at least occasionally by this point and Izzy was continuing to deal. Even though singer's personal issues were beginning to affect the band in a way that drugs did not.

Axl had emotional swings marked by periods of incredible energy followed by days on end when he would be overtaken by black moods and disappear, missing some rehearsals.

Since i suffer from panic attacks since i was 17 i know how to deal with some situations.
Axl and i talked about it once in a while and i told him about my panic attacks.

I realised and still realising that everyone of this band has his own things to deal with, Axl's was closest to mine (Duff's book "It's So Easy And Other Lies p.95 *some changes*)

There is a lot of work we must do to be able to release and album or something. It's difficult I admit it but im sure none of us will regret it.

Steven is the one who is not working as much as he has to work. But he's completely unselfish! If he had a sandwich, no matter how hungry he is, he will share it with others.

Slash works at a newsstand at the corner of Melrose and Fairfax called Centerfold News. Lucky for us, the stand has a phone
(Duff's book "It's So Easy And Other Lies p.99 *some changes*)

Sure thing for me is that i don't feel well when im not working on anything!

Something else, an record label named Restless called us and asked us to come down to their office in Long Beach. There were some cool bands on Restless. No other labels had contacted us at that point.

Izzy brought a book about the music industry in preparation for the meeting. As i see it i can understand the section i read but still there are a lot shit to master.
Their offers or whatever was kinda weird and we didn't made a deal
(Duff's book "It's So Easy And Other Lies p.102 *some changes*)

We hope for a better future of this band. We all have the same goal. To become rock band. But if we don't push ourselves and try out best, we won't be anything.

In any case, everyone who knows about band, believes in us and this makes us really happy and way more focused.