Ch.23 "People Are Strange"

March 8th 1985

March 8th 1985

Through Skylar's Eyes

"WHAT DID YOU SAY? Ariel's not you chid?"

"Probably! Here we are, I'll tell you everything. When you were born, your grandfather, my dad, flirted your mother constantly but she rejected him every time. You know how pedophile he was. One day, when you were still 10 months old, while she was holding you in her arms and breastfeeding you, he came in proudly. When he entered the room, you let your mother's breast and became uneasy. Your mom fixed her blouse and let you in your cradle.
As soon as she bent down to let you inside, he stuck behind her, taking off the bottom of her clothes with one hand and closing her mouth with the other. Your mom did everything she could to get him away from her but nothing, he got inside her and raped her. At one point when he left her mouth she started screaming and begging him to leave her.
All this above your head. You started screaming from crying. You had turned really red. I was at home when all this was happening, specifically in the bathroom. When I heard cries and voices I went straight out and saw in front of me this horrible spectacle. I hit him and kicked him out , then tried to calm you and your mom down. After a while we learned that your mom is pregnant again... From the moment we found out we doubted if Ariel's my child. After about 9 months she came into the world. I never loved her as my child. That's why I hated her, because she reminded me of him, I didn't want her to carry his genes. Now it's too late for a DNA test. She is dead."

"Stop! Don't talk anymore! I cannot-" At that moment i wanted to vomit. So as I made the movement with my hand on my face and got up to run to the toilet, he grabbed me by the hair and said

"Don't you tell me that bastard got you pregnant?"

"No way!Dad leave me!" I pushed his hand and ran to the toilet.
Shit! No! That's impossible to be happening! I don't even want to think about it. Why? That's all I needed, to be pregnant!

Fuck it!

What does it mean that Ariel may be the daughter of a psychopath? It's impossible for such a thing to be true! I don't accept it!
As much as I hate my mother what happened to her was horrible. By no means do I want to be in such a situation. The other bastard is very lucky to be dead, because if he were not, as soon as I saw him in front of me I would kill him without mercy, without a second thought, without any guilt at all.

Plus this house belongs to my dad, he lives here since 1983. He has only moved the necessities to this house. He left everything else behind. He wants nothing to remind him his past. In this house there are locked doors which he doesn't allow me to enter.

After all, there is no hope for us to come to the light of the truth about who her real father is.
To tell the truth, she looked a lot like him unfortunately but it is impossible for her to be his daughter. At least that's what I want to believe. What can be done in one fuckin day!

Wait! Maybe there is a way to find out the truth!
As long the 4 of us lived in the same house, my mom wrote letters with the same sender and receiver. It was not a diary, it was letters. She found exit in writing letters to herself.
I wish my dad had brought them here. Maybe they are inside one of the locked doors that he does not let me in.

I have to find a way to kick him out of the house just for an hour. I have to search!

SHIT! DUFF! I have to let him know where I am. My sweetheart will have died of anxiety I hope she doesn't think that I left him. I would never do that. I wish I was in his arms, lying on his chest and listening to his heart that beats very fast every time, as well as mine. It is like our hearts coming out and uniting. I miss him and fuck the fact that i last saw him a few hours ago.

Now!
I have to think of something to make him leave. At that moment, his home phone rang. He answered it but spoke very quietly so I couldn't hear anything. As soon as he hung it up he told me that he have to go and not do anything stupid while he is away and that he will be back late.

What the fuck is luck on my side?

He left.

I waited 5 minutes to make sure he was gone. I ran straight to the phone to warn Duff. It took him a while to pick it up but in the end he did.

"Yes?" Ouch! Sounds very high! Why?

"Baby?"

"Skylar? Where are you my darling? I almost died! Where are you calling me from?"

"A lot has happened! I don't have time to tell you.I'm at my dad's house, don't start asking questions, I will explain everything to you when I'll come back. I can't leave, he has locked me in here. "

"WHAT? Are you kidding? What do you mean he locked you in his house? Where are you?"

"This is the issue! I don't know exactly where it is. Dont worry, I'm fine."

"I will find you and I'll come to get you"

"No! Please! I promise you, in two days at most I will be home, in your arms!"

"What will I do two days away from you? I miss you, come back. I love you!"

"My dear, I love you too. I have to hung up the phone"

"Sky-"
I feel very bad that I hang it up to him so abruptly. A little patience my love!

I went straight to look for the letters everywhere.
I started from the rooms which were unlocked.
Nothing! I searched every corner of the rooms but nothing.
I had to find a way to unlock the doors. Of course I thought of the solution of the hair clip.

I unlocked the door to which my instinct led me. I opened it and saw in front of me my old toys and my sister's, our old clothes, photos and boxes. I searched the boxes one by one until I found the letters...

 I searched the boxes one by one until I found the letters