Ch. 25 "Bonnie And Clyde"

March 9th 1985

Through Skylar's Eyes

It's been two nights and one day since he locked me in here. We argue every day, he mocks me, he threatens me that I will never leave from here, that I will never see Duff again, that I am doomed to stay here.

Dream about it dad!. I'm not a baby anymore. I can easily find a way to escape. But I don't do it because while I am here I have noticed strange movements and phone calls. If I listened correctly he is constantly talking to one Harriet.

I need to find a way to contact Duff. I'm very lucky that he didn't call this number again.

If this situation continues I will sure escape from the window with the sheets. He tries to make me bend again, to knock me down but I won't let him do it again. Despite the fact that i feel awful and tired. I will try if I face it, although deep inside I am scared.

Something else. Is it normal that I miss Duff so much? I miss this eyes, I miss his hugs, his kisses, his touch, the whispers in my ear "I love you" every night before we go to sleep. Duff my love come get me out of here!

If I manage to escape from the psycho i have to stay elsewhere, somewhere he may not know. Even for a while. Why does this person always get in the way of my happiness? I'm tired!

Waiting for a while to be able to read the last letters left I thought what my dad told meabout pregnancy. Happen to be pregnant? * I touched my belly * I don't think so! I wish not, although...lately as soon as I get up I get dizzy, I have a lot of nausea etc. I wish not! What am I going to do?! I will commit suicide! This is also a solution!
Anyway! I should stop panicking, I'm not doing well!

It's almost midnight! My mood is down. I don't know if I want to read another letter. I don't know if I can stand it. I have about 5.

I have learned a lot, a lot! I got to the point of loving my mom but also to hate her even more. My mom wasn't like that from what I understood.
As soon as he got involved with the "Bundy" family, she broke down. But did I get to know her? No, I didn't! She abandoned me! Does she know I was in the psychiatric hospital?
Through her letters I understood that she had fallen in love with my dad. From where she loved him more than anyone, she ended up hating him more than her enemy.
It seems like the person she loved the most, turned into her biggest enemy. What else has happened ?

I don't know if I will ever be able to forgive her! I would like to but the circumstances show otherwise.
I was always jealous of any child I saw doing well with their parents! I cannot remember a hug with a member of my family other than my sister...And Raquelle.

While I was lost in my thoughts, as if sleeping with my eyes open, I heard speeches just below the house. The voices were familiar. Now either I go crazy and hear voices or something really happens.

Apart from the voices, i can hear something being hit by someone. I was a little scared. Thieves? The neighbors? My Dad? What the fuck?

Seconds later I heard a knock on my window and that someone was going to open it. The curtains were closed. At that moment I got up holding a heavy thing that I found near me.

I approached as I got there. I pulled back the curtain and saw Duff try to open the window and break into the room.
I was ready to hit him but i caught up and stopped.

"What the fuck are you doing here? How did you find out where I live?"

"Whoever finds, is looking! What would you say, do you want us to be Bonnie and Clyde?"

"Of course I want to! Shall we leave?"

"Shouldn't I see the house first?"

"Are you crazy? Let's go! If he understands us we won't escape!"

"Fine! Come down carefully, I don't want you to hit yourself!"

I cannot believe what is happening! It's a dream and I'm going to wake up in a little bit or is it really happening? How did he find the house? The floor? The room?!

As soon as I went downstairs I saw Rocky and Izzy down in a car.

When we both touched the ground, we gave a tight hug and kissed so passionately!
Oh my god! How I missed that! While we were kissing, Izzy called us to get in the car to leave.

I wanted so badly to leave this place!

So we got in the car and Izzy headed for home!
The car had a spot on the roof that was open.
As long as he was driving, I asked Duff how he learned all these details. He told me that he went to the police. It cost him but it worth it with the above!
How much does this man love me?

A little while later when Izzy increased the speed, I couldn't bear, i stood up and got my head outside the car.

It was so perfect, so refreshing. My hair was waving.
I felt like I was flying!
It was so beautiful.
I felt free.
Happy!