Act 6

Perfection

Perfection...

Ambition...

Excellence...

Irene was raised to hear, understand and abide by the three words aforementioned. 

The Thornes before her knew those three words very well. Thornes, the blood of the old royalty and the old gods. 

And now, her father introduced it to her as soon as she can talk and walk. She can still remember the words her father uttered when she was just at the age of eight. 

"We are the epitome of perfection, driven by logic and wits. Any other than that is nothing." 

Of course...

She knew those words the hard way when she was made a mistake in one of her tests. Her father's cold, cruel voice boomed in his quarters. His cold, black orbs staring daggers at her, his voice cold, sharp and vicious. During those times...Irene knew the meaning of powerless as soon as her parents reprimanded and punished her severely for it. She is not to make an interaction with other children until she is capable of handling herself, for their influence will make her into something she is not... 

So...for her entire childhood Irene Thorne was trained to be the perfect future head of the Thornes. Books about history, arithmancy, literature-anything worth knowing was thrown to her and at a young age, she was forced to open her mind to logic and wits, taught how to carry herself before others, especially the different families..until the day were she excelled without breaking a sweat. 

"A child genius"

"A prodigy of everything"

But the words that struck her most was the words her parents has said to her...

"Our daughter is ideal, perfect in every aspect we can hope for." 

She is a Thorne after all...

Time has been kind to her, not only in knowledge...but in beauty as well. People, especially in old families can't say her name without forgetting how resplendent she is, her father's eyes, pride, and complexion and her mother's beauty and elegance. 

As she reaches the age of fifteen she has toppled every competition she sees. Even the former president of Clalmonia isn't safe from her rising fame and at the age of fifteen, she was the new seat of power over the students. As for the former president, she had no choice but to bow down to her and work for her then suddenly disappeared a month later, Irene didn't care less about the former's whereabouts, she takes control of their activities...forget the past, focus on the present. 

Same can be said for her sister who she...let us say has a distant relationship with due to her leaving their home for her training and only getting to meet her a year after she became the president of the student government. 

Jisoo Thorne is a carbon copy of their mother, heart-shaped lips, light brown eyes and fair skin. 

The younger Thorne became her secretary and third to the seat of power within the students of he institution and Jisoo proved to be worthy of being called a Thorne, trained by the same man who shaped her.