Act 23

Jisoo grunts as you both land on the school garden

Your chest heaved as breathing was becoming difficult to do so. She looks at you worriedly as she gently placed you behind the marble fountain big enough to hide at least five people.

Your eyes were droopy, but you felt your power slowly surging in your fingertips. The younger girl looks around, her eyes wide alert as she checks on your condition, the tendrils' colors were still bright red, outlining in your veins, your skin was still deathly pale, and there are bags under your eyes.

"Y/N," Jisoo whispered, "Can you hear me?"

You nodded weakly and Jisoo exhales, "Can you talk?"

You blinked slowly and opened your mouth, your voice; hoarse. "Yea-yeah..."

"Good-" Jisoo was cut off by a shrill of a blade narrowly missing her ear and grazing the side of your cheek, making you hiss in pain as Jisoo immediately covers your body and growls lowly as she peers over her shoulder and grits her teeth.

The nurse had followed them in the garden, her eyes were bright gold, still in a trance from whoever is controlling her.

"I'll make a deal with you, Thorne," The woman smiles cruelly, "Leave Altair, and I'll turn a blind eye to your involvement in foiling my plan to eliminate her."

Jisoo stands up, shielding your seated form as wisps of black smoke dance on her arms. "And if I refuse?"

The older woman shrugged, "Then I'll kill you too." She readies her stance, "For being a nuisance."

Jisoo copies her stance as a makeshift black blade materializes around her arms, making it look like her arms became two vicious blades. Her answer to the deal was already obvious. No.

The perpetrator grinned, "Then so be it."

She lunged towards Jisoo, the latter stood her ground as the woman lands a reddish blurred strike towards Jisoo, the younger girl swiftly moves to the side, and lands a slash on the nurse's side-

"JISOO DON'T-"

You choked as you began coughing blood on the gravel, Jisoo quickly retracts her blade and instead delivers a spinning kick on the torso of the nurse, making her stumble back as Jisoo charges at her once again. Your vision blurs, your ears ring loudly, making it unbearable as you fall to your side on the ground. You hear Jisoo's voice calling your name was two blurred figures, one in red and one in black class against each other.

You try to get up, help the girl, but your body was frail, unable to even raise yourself from the ground.

Panic and frustration shoot through you like a poisoned arrow, you grit your teeth, clench your jaw as you claw the gravel, dirt seeping in your fingernails as you force yourself to stand up. 'Come on...' You groaned, 'Move, damn it!'